Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

couple weeks ago my prowler flat out wouldn't start. if I mash the gas pedal it would occasionally sputter a bit.

I drained the tank, new plug, cleaned filters, bypassed fuel filter...nothing. I could see fuel being squirted out of the fuel line after i bypassed the filter

After digging deeper and pulling the fuel pump assembly, when there is any resistance on the fuel line, fuel squirts out of the pump assembly rather than being pumped to the motor.

I rigged up a hose and funnel and dumped fuel into the prowler manually and it started/ran fine for a few minutes.

Do I need to replace the entire $300+ fuel pump assembly? Anybody dealt with this before?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
0570-272 is the part number for the Prowler. AC Store lists it at 614.95! Ebay price is great! Being Fuel Injected, I'd go with a new pump if yours is leaking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good...ordering it now. Might look at getting the stand alone pump later and rebuild my current leaky pump if it can be repaired.

thanks!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
One thing I've found on AC (other brands also), they seldom offer service parts! Sure would be nice if they did!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got the complete pump from that ebay seller for an offer of 275. Looking forward to getting the machine rolling again. My daughter has been begging to ride. Maybe this is the underlying issue with my hard starts for the past year or so too.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Sounds like a plan! Supposed to be nice weather again today, and we are going riding!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow.

10 minute install....prowler runs better than it ever has. I think this fuel pump has been slowly failing for years.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Glad to hear it! Prowlers are no fun when laid up! We have been blessed with great weather! Riding again today!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts