Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have installed new belt and it still slips and makes noise in rear diff when it slips. could it be the rear diff. or what? maybe just the turf saver

·
Registered
338 Posts
What kind of noise it is and are you sure that noise is coming from rear diff?
do the 2009 xtz have turf saver? My turf saver on 700 xtx had only jerking problem. there wasnt any bad noise.

·
Registered
812 Posts
there is not a turf-saver i the 1000, it is a locked spool.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Dosent the 1000 spike laod dampner in the rear end?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Did you thry sleaning your secondary where the spring is with brake clean sometime the pads get very dirty and the secoundart cant move. Freely

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I think Arctic Cat put it in to take sudden shocks like when you jump and land and hit the gas to save the fragile rear end from breaking from the extra power of the 1000

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I think Arctic Cat put it in to take sudden shocks like when you jump and land and hit the gas to save the fragile rear end from breaking from the extra power of the 1000
Yep Joe is correct.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I bought a SLD Delete from Wildcat Willys (D&P Performance) and never looked back. Just use common sense when you are 6 feet in the air and you are about to land a jump. Do not keep the throttle to the floor! If you do i promise that cv cages and axles parts as well as a few pieces of rear diff will be exiting the vehicle.

D and P Performance Spike Load Dampener Delete Kit from D & P PERFORMANCE
when the spike load dampner goes bad what does the rear diff do.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
When you press the throttle the car won't move out right away. it slips like a clutch that needs replacing. It made a buzzing noise in my car when it slipped and then it would engage but you can tell when it is slipping for sure. I welded mine up originally buy the welds can fail since it's near impossible to clean all the gear lube and oil from it before you weld. I just bought the drop in slug from D&P and problem solved.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I will go out and take a few pics of a stock one.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Here you go. It's very simular to the Prowler 1000 wet clutch design. I don't care for either myself. If you are stock and not trying to make power then I suppose these two power robbers may benefit you and your wallet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Here you go. It's very simular to the Prowler 1000 wet clutch design. I don't care for either myself. If you are stock and not trying to make power then I suppose these two power robbers may benefit you and your wallet.
Interesting,thanks for the pictures.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts