Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone! im aksnopro from alaska, mainly use my prowler for hunting and camping/fishing

its pretty much stock with a custom snorkle on all three intakes.

i was curious if these 2009 prowlers are supposed to lock the front end with the differntial lock switch on the dash (the rocker with the slide up button)

i hear noises everytime i put it in 4 and then in diff, but its definatly not locking in both tires and pulling with both front tires.. not the rear it has a turf saver differential.

is it just locking the rearend? or is the rearend always locked inless your turning then you lock the front end in with the rocker switch?

thanks for your time!

-Aksnopro

·
Registered
155 Posts
yessir, diff lock is suppose to engage both front wheels. you have to be at a complete stop BEFORE engaging diff lock tho !! if your still rolling while engaging diff lock you will hear some nasty grinding !! and may be why both front wheels no longer engage!! i have a 09 XTX, when in diff lock all 4 pull.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha

i would never diff lock or shift into 4 while moving!!! just the thought hurts me heart! :) :)

rgr that and thanks for the 411, i will be bringing my prowler in for service as im done bringing my sled in hehehe!!!

-Aksnopro

·
Registered
155 Posts
i'm now experiencing the same thing, both front wheels don't always engage when in diff lock !! but i don't hear any noises. seems they both pull when no longer needed...got stuck in snow, only had 3 wheels pulling, winched out, stepped on it on hard packed snow, then all 4 pull, go wonder !!! :mad:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do you hear your shift actuator moving to lock and unlock 4 wheel drive,My stopped working, replaced actuator,works great. I noticed steering hard and it was pulling with 3 wheels,the indicator on dash will show it engaged and unengaged when switch is pressed,also check diff lock cable at front gear box ,cables will break in half.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i can hear the actuator when working switch on and off...i don't think it has a cable, it's electronic isn't it??.... gonna drain the oil in front diff, see if there's any metal shavings in there.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think on some models guys were having problems with axles poping out a little. I would also check that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
you were right cat n hat, front passenger's side axle was out a lil bit. dang it, i had the same problem on my yamaha Grizzly and now with this one. grrr. lol....but there's an update on that isn't it?? does anyone know the part number for it?

thanks again guys !

·
Registered
463 Posts
Do a search (locker not working) there is a simple fix

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yamaha "beefed" up the c clips, i thought AC had did the same. i guess i can try to find a thin o-ring and try that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was flying down the road at 6am a month or so ago, and i had my high beems on doing about 80Km/hour. I saw a car coming towards me so I reached over to turn my switch back to low beem and THUD!!!! Hit the 4wd button by accident!!!!! thought I was screwed... but pulled over and put it back in 2wd and havent had a problem. scary ****!!! bet you only get one "freebie" like that per Prowler!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
ooh sh%t. It would be nice if the switches were lit up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts