Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here goes...I was going to take out the plug to see what kind it was so I could get a replacement for a winter maintenance. Anyways when I pulled the plug wire off the plug a little clip(maybe 2 clips...thought I heard another drop) fell out of the plug cap end. So whats up with that?? Now it seems the plug wire wont go tightly over the plug. I got for a drive after and it worked fine and then I left it for a week. Now it will crank and try to start and when it does start it wont run for long. So did I destroy the plug wire when I took it off for the 1st time or is this some other issue? Thanx for any help

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Look up in there there should be some metal rings that slide over the plug end.

If you have 1 left you could crimp it alittle bit to get here to run until you get a chance to replace the wire.

You could also just replace the plug end with one from a car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Riddler I will try that fix and let you know...
I looked in the plug wire and there isnt any metal rings there so I must of pulled them out...found one so Ill try putting that on the plug to get a better contact is not ill try the other fix...thanx alot! keep ya posted Wed or Thurs

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fixed

Sorry it took so long but been busy prepping for Santa lol
Anyways yesterday I reinstalled the track kit and tried to start the bike and again no go. I had the battery on charge the entire day and had picked up a new plug just incase. So installed the new plug and purr goes the prowler. Seems like the bad plug connection must of ruined the plug. Gonne go for a good run Wednesday when Im off to test it out. Thanx Riddler and others for helping!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts