Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just read the thread that says to look at the boot i have had that update done, and checked the exhaust as it comes out of the motor. it all looks nice n tight.

havnt replaced the fuel filter which could be the problem but my question is can you adjust the idle on the efi? i think it just might be idleing too low.

thanks
-Aksnopro

·
Registered
656 Posts
Can u run a fuel injection cleaner through it? That might be an inexpensive option u could start with. Also according to some of these threads the prowler doesn't have an actual fuel filter on it, just some sort of a cheap screen. Just my 2 cents. Hang in there these guys know there stuff and will chime in shortly.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The fuel filter is under the passenger seat, you will have to remove the plastic pan to get at it. you mite also want to check your coil, the way mine was bolted in it was mashed against the mounting plate and was not getting the fire it should. Have you checked your air cleaner and spark plug? I also run injector cleaner in mine about every three to four tank fulls.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The fuel filter is under the passenger seat, you will have to remove the plastic pan to get at it. you mite also want to check your coil, the way mine was bolted in it was mashed against the mounting plate and was not getting the fire it should. Have you checked your air cleaner and spark plug? I also run injector cleaner in mine about every three to four tank fulls.
Hey sneaky snake i've noticed that sometimes my prowler will start missing and sputtering under heavy pull on the motor like spinning through thick mud where the motor might be bogging down a little. I noticed that the plug wire going to the coil has a severe bend on it right as it goes onto the coil and it also seems to be pressed against the frame. Would that cause the occasional misfire? I've recently put some di-electric grease on the plug in case it was getting wet, but haven't had a chance to check it out. Don't know if that is going to work or not because it would do it in thick mud too where there wasn't any water. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey sneaky snake i've noticed that sometimes my prowler will start missing and sputtering under heavy pull on the motor like spinning through thick mud where the motor might be bogging down a little. I noticed that the plug wire going to the coil has a severe bend on it right as it goes onto the coil and it also seems to be pressed against the frame. Would that cause the occasional misfire? I've recently put some di-electric grease on the plug in case it was getting wet, but haven't had a chance to check it out. Don't know if that is going to work or not because it would do it in thick mud too where there wasn't any water. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Hey Sandy
I changed my coil and shimmed it away from the mounting plate and sealed it up with silicone to keep it dry. That did help it out a lot but have noticed that when in deep water it will still miss a little bit.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I believe the xtx does have a filter on it. The ones with a carburetor do not.
Can u run a fuel injection cleaner through it? That might be an inexpensive option u could start with. Also according to some of these threads the prowler doesn't have an actual fuel filter on it, just some sort of a cheap screen. Just my 2 cents. Hang in there these guys know there stuff and will chime in shortly.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hey Sandy
I changed my coil and shimmed it away from the mounting plate and sealed it up with silicone to keep it dry. That did help it out a lot but have noticed that when in deep water it will still miss a little bit.
Thanks sneaky snake. I'll check into doing that on mine as well. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I believe the xtx does have a filter on it. The ones with a carburetor do not.
Thanks sandchris. Thats my bad. Now i do remember reading that it was the carburetor ones that don't have one. :eek:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
My 08 650h1 xt has a filter on the pickup tube.
I just checked it last week and cleaned and adjusted the level gauge contact's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts