Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rear diff works great on right side nothing on the left side, havent pulled it apart yet just wondering if anyone has had the same issue. Bought the utv with blown motor fixed that and runs fine but only one side drives in the rear. drained the fluid no filings and no noise coming for the diff. Any one have any ideas before i pull it apart.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
my rear diff works great on right side nothing on the left side, havent pulled it apart yet just wondering if anyone has had the same issue. Bought the utv with blown motor fixed that and runs fine but only one side drives in the rear. drained the fluid no filings and no noise coming for the diff. Any one have any ideas before i pull it apart.

Thanks
There are gifts on those things have a limited-slip with clutch plates inside of them since their standard cut gear you can go up to the h d x rear gear and alleviate that problem if you need one let me know I think I've got a rear 36 tooth gear

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've changed two of these from the Turf Saver diff to the locking one like in an XT. There is no fixing the Turf Saver one. You need ring gear assy, part no. 1402-032 (about $250) and two new axles. The splines in the new ring gear assy are different than the ones in your XTX. Both times I just bought aftermarket axles. Be sure to order for a 700XT instead of a 700XTX.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've changed two of these from the Turf Saver diff to the locking one like in an XT. There is no fixing the Turf Saver one. You need ring gear assy, part no. 1402-032 (about $250) and two new axles. The splines in the new ring gear assy are different than the ones in your XTX. Both times I just bought aftermarket axles. Be sure to order for a 700XT instead of a 700XTX.
And I'll add...it's a VERY simple job to do. You don't have to remove the diff from the machine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts