Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to check the gas in my prowler and the display is showing EFI. Just had it out 3 weeks ago with no problems. The manual says to take it to a dealer right away. Anybody had this happen, what it may be?

·
Registered
491 Posts
had mine do that going down the road one day . it wouldnt run over 55mph. shut it off and restarted and its run fine since then ....idk

·
Registered
91 Posts
As part of my saga, I just got my XTZ back after several weeks in the shop. Head gaskets blown and rear axle replacements. Prior to me bringing it in I had issues with it starting and backfiring. After they have put everything back together the shop got the same EFI error and the spark plugs were soaked after they attempted to start it. They got an EFI error and apparently were able to determine there had been multiple prior errors and were able to clear them.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if Arctic Cat is like a car, you plug into the system and can view or clear errors. But, evidentially after they clear the errors and cleaned the spark plug connectors and plugs everything appears to be fine... I put this into the bucket of another f-d up thing that I've had to deal with......

Considering a majority of the 2009 manufacturing problems have been replaced on my XTZ, I'm actually hoping that I can enjoy it....

·
Registered
463 Posts
I had mine come on also. I did the same thing I turned it off then back on and no problems since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts