Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SUPER new to UTV/atvs. Recently bought a 2010 Arctic Cat 700 xtx. First ride temp light came on, spun gauges and went off several times. Next morning checked oil, antifreeze etc. BF let son take it for a ride. Son called and said was smoking so he pulled over then wouldn't start. Long story shortish, Found out the oil plug was missing. Think the motor is shot. Wondering if there are interchangeable engines?
I simply dont have the money to purchase a new one, truly need it for winter. I'm just sick to my stomach as I spent everything I had to purchase and buy the plow and push bar which was delivered the day after the breakdown.
Is it possible to break it down and find the issue myself? I guess what I'm asking is anyone know of a place that could rebuild BEFORE the snow flies near Black River Falls Wisconsin or of any DIY links for that make /model?

Any direction/insight is MUCH appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You will find rebuilt engines for your prowler on EBay. Sorry this happened. To rebuild yourself will require special tools and a good workshop. Parts will cost as much as a rebuilt engine. Check Country Cat, they stock new engines, but, unless on sale, will be expensive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had one that was run low on oil and it just needed a new crankshaft, piston, valves, etc. if you do your own rebuild it will cost much less but it does take some time and wrenching ability. If you just want to swap it out engines are between $3-4000. I’ve done both rebuilds and a swap but if you aren’t mechanically inclined a swap would be easier.

You can get a service manual from countrycat.com at the bottom of the page under technical info for your prowler.

·
Registered
22 Posts
These are simple engines and on your model, easy to remove and reinstall. Most shops are running way behind (and are expensive) but there are lots of people out there with knowledge and experience who could repair it. Start by asking other UTV'ers you know if they can suggest anyone in your area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts