Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my prowler in may of this year for 2500 bucks worth about 2000 miles on it. I knew it had a few issues. Mainly brakes and rotors and just some maintenance things. Been an overall decent machine other than how loud these things are. So recently it has started to make a loud snapping noise and acts like it’s going to stop dead in its track. Will do this at random sometimes. The other day I pulled it out and it did it about 10 times then stopped doing it. I have noticed it seems like it doesn’t have the speed it once had. Thinking maybe rear and. Haven’t tore into it yet. If it’s Something in the rear end what would I need to purchase to not have the turf saver reader end. Thanks guys

·
Registered
18 Posts
We had the complete rear diff replaced on our XTX and it made it ride and drive so much better. The turf saver is so jerky to drive I’m glad they quite putting them in!
Is the noise from the rear diff or the engine area? The rear brake clattered on one I had once.

Arcticfrost

·
Administrator
7,331 Posts
So I bought my prowler in may of this year for 2500 bucks worth about 2000 miles on it. I knew it had a few issues. Mainly brakes and rotors and just some maintenance things. Been an overall decent machine other than how loud these things are. So recently it has started to make a loud snapping noise and acts like it’s going to stop dead in its track. Will do this at random sometimes. The other day I pulled it out and it did it about 10 times then stopped doing it. I have noticed it seems like it doesn’t have the speed it once had. Thinking maybe rear and. Haven’t tore into it yet. If it’s Something in the rear end what would I need to purchase to not have the turf saver reader end. Thanks guys
I replaced mine, you need a

Gear, Ring - 36T

1402-032

, and

Kit, Halfshaft (inc. 19-22)

1436-411

1 - 4 of 4 Posts