Discussion Starter #1
Well, the race is over, the finishers are as follows:

1st - Mitch Guthrie, Polaris RZR 1:55:45
2nd- Kyle Knosp, Polaris RZR 1:59:45
3rd- Brandon Schuler, Polaris RZR (Jagged X Racing) 2:03:57
4th- Casey Currie, Kawaski Teryx 2:08:45
5th- Perret, Polaris RZR 2:51:56

All others are DNF...
Nick Bulloch, son of Dean Bulloch, champion rock crawler and owner of an Arctic Cat dealership in Utah, raced an Arctic Cat Prowler XTZ. His Prowler XTZ had a LT Suspension from HCR and King Shocks, but was a surprisely, near stock machine.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
No Surprises then.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Darryl, What happened to the other AC entries?
There were none, my car is torn down in the shop in about 200 pieces, getting ready to have a full chassis rebuild with long travel and full SCORE tube cage.
No one else ran a Prowler. I talked with a friend this morning that ran the race (in a RZR). He had 2 flats and fuel cell problems, only made it 40 of the 58 miles. It was a pretty brutal race with 14 entries that left the start line. Only 5 finished.
Come on guys, ProwlerBob is right though, we need more Cats racing, if we are going to bring the pride back to Cat. Screw AC, I as a dealer will stand up for the customers and do what I can to take care of them. I think it's time we start a sticky thread with all the problems that the Prowlers have, their fixes and dealer bulletin numbers so you all can find the info you need to take care of your Prowler. How 'bout it, does anyone think it's a good idea...

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
There were none, my car is torn down in the shop in about 200 pieces, getting ready to have a full chassis rebuild with long travel and full SCORE tube cage.
No one else ran a Prowler. I talked with a friend this morning that ran the race (in a RZR). He had 2 flats and fuel cell problems, only made it 40 of the 58 miles. It was a pretty brutal race with 14 entries that left the start line. Only 5 finished.
Come on guys, ProwlerBob is right though, we need more Cats racing, if we are going to bring the pride back to Cat. Screw AC, I as a dealer will stand up for the customers and do what I can to take care of them. I think it's time we start a sticky thread with all the problems that the Prowlers have, their fixes and dealer bulletin numbers so you all can find the info you need to take care of your Prowler. How 'bout it, does anyone think it's a good idea...
That sounds like an Idea.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about Nick Bulloch? I thought you said he raced in an XTZ?
Yeah, his was the only Prowler in the race. He DNF'd. But no one else ran a Prowler. From the updates I saw, he went out pretty quick.

Most of the RZRs and the Teryxs were pretty beefed up. Jon Crowley built a Teryx from the ground up and it was beefy as hell, but still DNF'd. The KOH is by far the toughest single day race on machines there is. The full size rigs are running today and out of 100 or so, there will probably only be 20 or so that finish.

·
Registered
491 Posts
King of the Hammers

Looks like he finished:confused:

nick did finish i saw him at the finish line . they did wreck a tierod early in the race the were running HCRs 6+ kit . the steering was stock with the updated nuts and tierod extensions . i talked to nick and dean a couple of times thru the week . very nice guys they offerd me one of their tierods for mine but i couldnt accept it before they raced . the also had an axle pop out and their winch quit while in a pull ! . for the most part the XTZ was very stock compared to most of the field . i have their number some where in the mess of camper i have . i will post it when i find it . they said to call for anything we all need ! cool guys and congrats to them for finishing the race !

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts