Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of bevel and drive gear shaft spliting the bottom of the crankcase on these new designed engines?

·
Registered
491 Posts
id like to see pics of that .....i havnt heard of a xtz doing that yet i know the 650s did but thats a new problem for a 1000

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
soazcat, I just signed up here to see if any of ya'll have heard of this, i do have pics i can send you but have no idea how to on this forum, send me a e-mail address and i'll send you some photos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rangrover, I have a sld eliminator in the rear end yes i do, however it did it in 4x4 lock which mine has a very low rev limiter.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thom what were you doing when it broke? ive never heard of this happening to a xtz but anything is possible .....i know when my first motor was torn down they found a crack in the case at the rear driveshaft bearing because it looked like the there was some debris or a poor machining job on the bearing area of the case . and when it was torqued together it might have cracked .

have you had any belt expolsions under power ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
soazcat, I was in about 10in of mud in 4wheel lock bumping rev. limiter from time to time to keep moving, when i came out of it it was pouring oil out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts