Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
i had this rig put together here by the local arctic cat dealership and fitted with TigerTrax. you can literally point it in any direction and take off with now problems. it moves great through the snow, up and over drifts of any depth no problem. top end speed on packed snow is approx. 40mph, slows down a bit in real deep soft powder but still tears through it. you will get bogged down if your are riding soft deep drifts (4ft) with no base underneath, but as long as you stick on snow with a base it will take you anywhere no problem.
Wow! I am impressed with the top speed with those big tracks on! Do the front tracks stick out too far to mount a snowblade on the unit now?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow! I am impressed with the top speed with those big tracks on! Do the front tracks stick out too far to mount a snowblade on the unit now?
my neighbour has tracks on his 800 can am and he bought a plow frame extension to compensate for the tracks sticking out so far

·
Registered
14 Posts
Track systems?

How do you like the tracks, does the 700 have the same power as with wheels? They seem to have so many moving parts that they could be high maintainance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
from tires to tracks, my rig's top speed on hardpack snow, pavement, or dirt roads declines to about 40mph according to my garmin. it has plenty of low end torque to power up and out or over the top of big drifts or punchy soft snow. i have found that with the light footprint with tracks i can go anywhere my snowmachine can go, just slower. because of the slower speed you sacrifice a little floatation in snow as opposed to a snowmachine, but not enough to bog down. my top speed in real deep wet snow declines even further to 28mph, but it seems to still be moving fast enough to not dig in. it floats and its very comfortable to ride in. i have gone up and over some pretty gnarly 8-10ft drifts trying to stick it with no problem. I have motored through some real soft snow trying to plant it with no such luck. it was 39deg today and the snow was 5ft deep, wet, and real punchy in a lot of places and i don't think i sunk down any deeper than 3/4 up to the top of the tracks. (although when i stepped off the rig i promptly sunk up to my knee) i climbed from sea level today up to about 1900ft on some 15deg. slopes and didn't have any problems. i have found that with real deep wet snow that this rig will pack down it down and build a stable base for itself. so far im pretty impressed with their performance, they really open up a lot of country to a guy in rural alaska and they adapt well to tundra to mountains. the mechanics of the tracks are new to me so i am constantly checking them for anything out of place, like anything with moving parts they can't be flawless. ill be using it this weekend on a winter moose hunt, hopefully its does the job.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
from tires to tracks, my rig's top speed on hardpack snow, pavement, or dirt roads declines to about 40mph according to my garmin. it has plenty of low end torque to power up and out or over the top of big drifts or punchy soft snow. i have found that with the light footprint with tracks i can go anywhere my snowmachine can go, just slower. because of the slower speed you sacrifice a little floatation in snow as opposed to a snowmachine, but not enough to bog down. my top speed in real deep wet snow declines even further to 28mph, but it seems to still be moving fast enough to not dig in. it floats and its very comfortable to ride in. i have gone up and over some pretty gnarly 8-10ft drifts trying to stick it with no problem. I have motored through some real soft snow trying to plant it with no such luck. it was 39deg today and the snow was 5ft deep, wet, and real punchy in a lot of places and i don't think i sunk down any deeper than 3/4 up to the top of the tracks. (although when i stepped off the rig i promptly sunk up to my knee) i climbed from sea level today up to about 1900ft on some 15deg. slopes and didn't have any problems. i have found that with real deep wet snow that this rig will pack down it down and build a stable base for itself. so far im pretty impressed with their performance, they really open up a lot of country to a guy in rural alaska and they adapt well to tundra to mountains. the mechanics of the tracks are new to me so i am constantly checking them for anything out of place, like anything with moving parts they can't be flawless. ill be using it this weekend on a winter moose hunt, hopefully its does the job.
Let us know how the moose hunt goes and how the Prowler ran.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah I'd like to know what those go for also? I checked on a set made here in the US and they sell for about $6700.00. The Canadian set would run about $4150.00. These prices were for the XTZ.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts