Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a few drops of coolant under my XTZ 1000 and traced it to a small weep hole where I believe the thermostat is located. If you look at the photo it's right at the end of the screw driver. It's on the left side of the motor where all the fluid lines go in so I assume thermostat housing. What the heck?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I noticed a few drops of coolant under my XTZ 1000 and traced it to a small weep hole where I believe the thermostat is located. If you look at the photo it's right at the end of the screw driver. It's on the left side of the motor where all the fluid lines go in so I assume thermostat housing. What the heck?
there was a re-call on water leak / IIRC thermostat issues on the early units .. maybe your wasn't done or in the re-call ??

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there was a re-call on water leak / IIRC thermostat issues on the early units .. maybe your wasn't done or in the re-call ??
And the recall was a leak out that smaller than a BB hole? Never seen anything like this!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
And the recall was a leak out that smaller than a BB hole? Never seen anything like this!
as I old and CRS has settled in very well .. sorry I do not remember , mine was completed before I picked it up at the dealer .. but was a warranty / recall type handling no out of pocket to me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gary,,,,,,,,,,my thought was to take a small drop of JB Weld and plug the thing unless it's some type of breather. I'm just going to leave it for now and see if anyone knows what or why that little hole is there.:nerd:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Gary,,,,,,,,,,my thought was to take a small drop of JB Weld and plug the thing unless it's some type of breather. I'm just going to leave it for now and see if anyone knows what or why that little hole is there.:nerd:
I dont think I would plug it.....it could cause another problem.....

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Usually when they start leaking, a seal has started to fail.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So? Do I have to replace the entire water pump or just the O-ring behind it? Anyone familiar with this problem please chime in.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just the o-ring, mine leaks there too a year after they replaced the water pump under that recall. I just check the level before I go for a ride.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just the o-ring, mine leaks there too a year after they replaced the water pump under that recall. I just check the level before I go for a ride.

Well that's cool, better a 70 cent o-ring than a 200 dollar pump! Thanks for the good news!

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
You got that right!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
You got that right!
they are meant to weep a lil bit ala a pressure relief or some route for the lil bypassed the seal water to go on out, it's when a "flow" is present that some action needs to be done ... read the link and it 'splains it better

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they are meant to weep a lil bit ala a pressure relief or some route for the lil bypassed the seal water to go on out, it's when a "flow" is present that some action needs to be done ... read the link and it 'splains it better

What link Gary?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts