Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my How To:

I have a 2010 XTZ and purchased a KFI Stealth SE-45 4500lb winch. Knowing that the prowlers come with a factory winch plate, I did not order any other brackets with the winch for installation. Here is a picture of my winch plate, near as my research as gotten me, there are 2 different types of factory plates depending on year and models of the prowler.

***One thing to note at this point is I did have to clock the power terminals to fit with the mounting location. There were full directions with the winch on how to do this***

I got the winch and went to install it and came across this. The winch will bolt up, but the roller fairlead will not.

After much research on here, as well as conversing back and forth with other members. We determined that a part from arctic cat was needed. It is a Arctic Cat Fairlead Spacer Kit part #1436-405
Once bolted up, it looks like this

As you can see, it has recessed holes to allow the winch to bolt up, then has threaded holes to bolt the fairlead on

Once the winch was bolted up, I needed to start in on the wiring. I ran the leads for the winch back to the area underneath the drivers seat on the prowler, there is a nice frame rail here to bolt the solenoid to. This is almost directly below the battery box.

The rest was simple, I ran my own wires from a winch rocker switch I ordered offline (mom on / off / mom on) spdt and located the switch in the panel right by the shift lever. This provides easy access to run the winch in and out while on the seat. The switches are available at sidebysidesports.com or off ebay.com as well.

Hope this helps for future installs for you.

Jarett

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Great looking install, and Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Looks great,I like the rope,thanks for sharing.:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rope is wrapped with a synthetic sleeve for the first 5', then goes down to just the rope for the remaining portion. KFI also makes a winch rope which I purchased to use for the snow plow, it is only a few feet long and will greatly save the main winch cable.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The rope is wrapped with a synthetic sleeve for the first 5', then goes down to just the rope for the remaining portion. KFI also makes a winch rope which I purchased to use for the snow plow, it is only a few feet long and will greatly save the main winch cable.
I noticed it had a sleeve around it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts