Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have 2010 XTZ's in stock if anyone is looking. Arctic Cat is offering a 500.00 rebate and you can pick one up at a great deal. PM for special price. Need to move them!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I hear ya Mike, I am doing the same with my 2010's. Big discounts here also... hope you sell yours. Just dress them up with your goodies, that really makes them sharp...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Between Mike at Prestige Chris in Thatcher and me in the 4 Corners of NM, we have California, Arizona, New Mexico and Southern Colorado taken care of on great deals....
Mine are so low I can't say on here either...AC would get mad. Chris, maybe you need to take one of the 09's and make a desert race car, run the Whiplash series and see if that helps you sell some. Hey, call it advertising...

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm in the same boat on pricing with my 10's. I would love to make a race car, the other part of my family working here just would not go for that. It's tough working with family, everyone is never happy at the same time it seems like.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Keep fighting the good fight guys!!! I can't wait to get my Prowler back out there tearing it up! Nothing can touch a XTZ!!!

on a side not my wife rolled her Prestige built Rhino 2 and half times last weekend. She was alone and is fine! Thanks for a great build Prestige and a super strong cage to keep my family safe!!!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'm in the same boat on pricing with my 10's. I would love to make a race car, the other part of my family working here just would not go for that. It's tough working with family, everyone is never happy at the same time it seems like.
I know the feeling about family. I deal with the same on and off. But I've learned, I just do what I need to so that the business will get done and make money.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Keep fighting the good fight guys!!! I can't wait to get my Prowler back out there tearing it up! Nothing can touch a XTZ!!!

on a side not my wife rolled her Prestige built Rhino 2 and half times last weekend. She was alone and is fine! Thanks for a great build Prestige and a super strong cage to keep my family safe!!!
Glad to hear your wife came out okay. Kudos to the Prestige build. And people ask me why I like to use 1.75"x.095 and .120 wall DOM in my cages...that is why, not for me, but for my loved ones....
My daughter is turning into one hell of a hotrod and she's only 14. She's already asking about when she can race a desert race with me...

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Well my Prowler can be a race prowler real easy guys??? just saying

I am about out of money to spend on this stuff, but I would love to race it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Well my Prowler can be a race prowler real easy guys??? just saying

I am about out of money to spend on this stuff, but I would love to race it.
It adds up quickly, I've put over 20G in mine so far and am now tearing it down to the bare chassis, starting all over. I'm building up a BajaPro machine, very similar in appearance and function as DragonFire's Nessy. It'll be a full tube cage on the OEM chassis rails as spec'd by SCORE and BITD. 5 inches longer wheelbase (A-Arm mounts will remain in the original place though) and a total height of about 5.5 feet. The long travel suspension we are building for it will have 17 inches of travel, using King Shocks.
Right now though, we are updating OEM components that will remain. Hopefully we will start bending tube in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
We the dealers seem to be the ones taking the risk here. Did you all order stuff in wave three? Did you need anything? I ordered and did not need anything just so I could get programs. That is what has the change in todays market. Other makes are doing this now, like Suzuki. I had a dealer tell me last week that he did not have to order anything and they have not shipped any 2010 products. He also has programs. The thing that gets me is we loose our consumer programs if we dont order. O and by the way I still can not chat on Arctic Cat Chat yet. I have e-mailed them several times and nothing in return. I was in the same type of chat with eaac and some others and cant post.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I did not order in wave 3. I tried working with my rep, but he wasn't wanting to budge on his end, he kept trying to get me to order ATVs and we repeatedly told him no because we can't sell the ones we have. I know Yamaha does not require an order to get programs, I think that is how most the Japs are. Case also does not require us to order so many tractors to get programs. They come out with different programs every month and if they see that a certain product just isn't moving good for the dealers they come out with a special discount for the units that dealers have in stock and if they start selling a unit for cheaper than what we bought one and we still have it in stock they credit us the difference. AC is biting their dealers in the but, and they don't realize that they are biting themselves when they do that.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I did not order in wave 3. I tried working with my rep, but he wasn't wanting to budge on his end, he kept trying to get me to order ATVs and we repeatedly told him no because we can't sell the ones we have. I know Yamaha does not require an order to get programs, I think that is how most the Japs are. Case also does not require us to order so many tractors to get programs. They come out with different programs every month and if they see that a certain product just isn't moving good for the dealers they come out with a special discount for the units that dealers have in stock and if they start selling a unit for cheaper than what we bought one and we still have it in stock they credit us the difference. AC is biting their dealers in the but, and they don't realize that they are biting themselves when they do that.
I ordered the minimum, smallest cc ATV's I could to qualify, but I agree with you, Cat is killing their dealers with their bullcrap. John Deere doesn't require order minimums to qualify for programs or to be able to offer financing.

I called Cat Tech Support to find out if AC has been having problems with their ball joints slipping out of the spindle as it's only held in by the edges of 4 threads in the groove of the ball joint shaft. The technician at Cat suddenly got defensive and asked how is the machine being driving. That's just bullshit Cat. I'm the f*&$ing dealer, don't get so ready to fight, just tell me if there is a problem or not.

On another post, someone said that we are having problems because we bought first year machines, that's bull, that's not the problem. I agree readily, every brand has problems. But it's how you fix them that shows whether you are good or not. Cat just seems to be crapping on dealers and customers left and right, just so they can save their bottom line.

Final point is, Arctic Cat, if you want your dealers to survive, if you want AC to survive, take care of your dealers and instruct them to take care of the customers, come out with machines that the customers want, quit letting the f*&^% lawyers control your company and do it soon. Before too long, you will have burned all of your market shares...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Exactly. Which tech did you talk to. I always deal with Scott, he has always been good for us to work with. Another thing I love (wish you could hear my sarcasm) about cat are the repair times they give. I have brought this up with them before. A lot of times they just carry times over from previous models even when big changes were made. I confronted them about this and they told me they take a unit and do the repairs 3 times and take the average. I then tried to tell them it is different working on a machine that has been used then on a new one, but they didn't care. Nothing is Arctic Cats fault! atleast thats what they want you to think.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Exactly. Which tech did you talk to. I always deal with Scott, he has always been good for us to work with. Another thing I love (wish you could hear my sarcasm) about cat are the repair times they give. I have brought this up with them before. A lot of times they just carry times over from previous models even when big changes were made. I confronted them about this and they told me they take a unit and do the repairs 3 times and take the average. I then tried to tell them it is different working on a machine that has been used then on a new one, but they didn't care. Nothing is Arctic Cats fault! atleast thats what they want you to think.
Chris, Darryl, and Mike

Sorry to hear about the problems you guys face as dealers. It is an absolute shame on Arctic Cat to run their business this way. If they continue doing so they will not exist. The XTZ was my first UTV and may be my last. If I do buy another one it most likely would be from another manufacturer mainly due to the lack of dealers and Arctic Cat's inability to take accountability and resolve their manufacturing problems. I paid a premium to by the XTZ and I expected that my USA made product would make me proud. I was wrong and admit my mistake. My solution is to rebuild and fix everything that AC won't and let me tell you it is very costly. I still believe that this vehicle will perform well for me someday if I can ever get it complete. Hang in their guys. Thank you for being true professionals and demonstrating honesty and integrity as dealers through out these tough times.

Regards,

Todd

·
Registered
294 Posts
I believe that you truly will love the performance of your unit, once you can get it home. I really like the Arctic Cat product itself, they could imporve some things, but overall it really is a great product, otherwise I would not stayed a dealer for 11 years. I just wish they would give us some other products that consumers are wanting and back up some of their small glitches.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
refreshing to read the truth isn't it. hat's off to you guys !!!

I took my unit [170 miles] in to have them replace the new windshield they installed and cracked at 4 spots OOOOPS anyway I told the dealer about the different service bulletins brought up here and he looked at me like I was a three headed monster .. he went right to his computer and sure enough there the info was. he was very embarrassed and said he had never received notice of these issues. question is..are the notices sent out to all dealers in a form to alert them of the issues ?? or is he just under so much pressure he has no time to read them, giving the benefit of doubt here as I would like to think he is a good/decent dealer.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
refreshing to read the truth isn't it. hat's off to you guys !!!

I took my unit [170 miles] in to have them replace the new windshield they installed and cracked at 4 spots OOOOPS anyway I told the dealer about the different service bulletins brought up here and he looked at me like I was a three headed monster .. he went right to his computer and sure enough there the info was. he was very embarrassed and said he had never received notice of these issues. question is..are the notices sent out to all dealers in a form to alert them of the issues ?? or is he just under so much pressure he has no time to read them, giving the benefit of doubt here as I would like to think he is a good/decent dealer.
Service bulletins are sent out to the dealers in a letter form with the bulletin. But some of the problems, such as the tie-rod bending, are not sent out. They are listed on the Arctic Cat Dealers site and the dealers have to search them out. More than once, I've taken an afternoon and sat at the computer, looking through the AC Dealer's site, trying to find info such as the tie-rod bulletin.
The Prowler is an awesome vehicle, but it's made for the casual trail-rider that rides up in Minnesota. Cat seems to forget that we in the desert southwest have a complete different set of UTV needs. Of course several manufacturers do. My problem with Cat is their treatment of customers and dealers when there is a problem.
Oh, by the way, that tech I was dealing with at Cat was Neal. My normal guy, Travis wasn't there. But it pisses me off when a tech at Cat treats me like I'm a hellion and mistreating my machine. I do push them hard, but no harder than the RZRs and Teryxs are getting pushed. Cat just doesn't always engineer their machines for true performance. But why build an XTZ 1000 that can run 80mph and has high performance gas shocks, then make the spindle and ball joint setup as cheap as they did. They would've been better off to not have the 1000 that can't handle what it's capable of than having a machine that can go fast, but you best not because it has weak suspension and chassis components. It's like putting a Chevy LS-7 motor in a chevette...fast, but not very smart.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Darryl your are exactly right, corporate AC sucks and has the worst dealer and customer service. I at times have to work to get a warranty claim approved that should be a no brainer. Talking to the engineers, at least for me, is like talking to a wall. They never experience the problem, so it does not exist. I'm just not going to drop the brand and leave all my good customers hanging without support.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts