Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 1st post here on forum. I Purchased 2011 HDX 700 yesterday. starts fine when cold, runs 4-5 miles normally w/ no issues, then once warmed up it begins to sputter, backfire, & eventually shuts down. Will not restart when warm. Let it cool off a bit, then starts fine, goes another 4 or 5 miles running fine then sputters, etc.,etc.
I have spoken with several different mechanics about the issue & they seem to think issue may be with stator. Thus, I’m Looking to replace the stator. I see Artic Cat OEM stator (PN: 0802-041) for $450 to $500. I also see several on ebay & elsewhere that are non-OEM options for $75 or so (Caltric & Celox are 2 of mfgs. shown for aftermarket options). Has anyone tried out the cheaper non-OEM options & if so are they worthwhile or are they cheap knockoff junk to be avoided?
Thx for any replies & assistance~

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Welcome to the site. Before I'd lay out that kind of money, I'd recommend a call to Country Cat tech line to get their view. I've dealt with them and they have always been spot on! If you do need a new stator, check out PowerSportsNation on the WEB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts