Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
So what is the top speed you have seen? Do you know what the top speed Brandon did with their xp?
I haven't made a speed run with the current configuration. But prior to this build, it ran a top of 83mph. Since then, it's had some clutch and roller work, intake work, exhaust, the ECU is being reburned with timing changes and headwork.
Conservatively, it should be 95-98hp. Jim with Bipolar Racing saw 86mph GPS'd with his setup, which weighed in a bit more than my car and ran a stock motor except for exhaust and ECU reprogramming.

I think Jagged X's car gets 75 to 80mph. I'll ask next time I talk to them.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If you got 3 mph on him should be simple enough.:D
We can hope, but I think surviving the rigors of the desert may take a bit more.

The cars I'm worried about are the new Muzzy 999cc Teryx's. They will have some real speed...
Jagged X has a reputation for being a crew that has their act together and knows what it takes to make a machine survive 300-600 miles of beating and thrashing...that makes them a main contender in any race they enter.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I am still looking for these fast Commanders and Rzr's you guys mentioned. :cool:

And ya the big bore Kawi may not make it 300 miles in a race situation, I know the Rotax does work well, so look out for 840cc or 900cc Rotax Rhino's. Also dont sweat the Commander it is to corked up he he poor guys they get to do the R&D that has already been done to the Kitty.

But I have never driven my Arctic Cat on dirt,, least not for real or long rides. only sand... I have ridden desert on two wheelers so not new to it. Wish I had the budget to race,, my ride is ready.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts