Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys lookin for anybody that has added a alternator to there 2012 prowler 1000 xtz. light bar and sterio killing stock battery.give me a text if any info out there. thanks guys ah 780 887 3343

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
no one currently posting has the alternator on a XTZ

I'd like to do it but haven't even looked into it ... been busy getting married and moving and all that entails for the past couple years +

·
Registered
808 Posts
I had one from UTV inc but it didn't work out, the kit is just sitting on the shelf and haven't had time to redesign it for the rear drive shaft. RD has his setup on the front shaft but he is a single lunger, these 2 bangers take up all the extra room.

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
I mounted mine tight to the front of the engine, but I have a 700. I looked at mounting it in the center above the driveshaft and using the floor console to cover it. I used a mini GM alternator rated at 70 amps, one wire, or three wire hook ups available. I run two batteries and before the alternator, when the fan cycled on the volts would drop to 12, with the alternator and speeds above 10, the voltage stays at 14.2 when the fan starts! I used a piece of 2" angle iron, and two metal straps plus a 3/8" threaded rod connector for the mount. It is not very tall, so it does not flex. A GM turn buckle is used to adjust tension on the belt, and a spare belt is in place around the driveshaft if I break one on the trail. I posted pictures on my page about the project! Great thing about an alternator is that you can mount them backwards if space is an issue!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
hey guys lookin for anybody that has added a alternator to there 2012 prowler 1000 xtz. light bar and sterio killing stock battery.give me a text if any info out there. thanks guys ah 780 887 3343
Good looking 1000 I wouldn't think your led light bar and a stereo wouldn't drain your battery.do you listen to your tunes when the prowler isn't running......You need to install a volt gauge,so you can see how many volts your battery is charging at.....

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
careful when in wooded trails , that light bar is a prime target for low hanging brush and tree falls / low hanging tree limbs

I'll be mounting mine right under the roof [if I can still see out .. I'm 6'7" so look out a bit higher than many fellers] ..

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts