Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear end gets extremly hot after a short ride, is this normal? I think the heat is coming from the header pipe and muffler being so close. Also have slight leak on passanger side rear seal.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The heat might be coming from low fluid?

Don't think you are heat soaking from the pipe/ muffler as there is plastic alot closer than the rear end.

It is normal for the diff's to get warm from long sustained speed running.

There are several threads on rear diff venting, I would recommend the bi-polar design.
I run that with my own twist on the catch can. I have had no seal or heat issues with that setup.

But note that I do not get to stay in the throttle where I ride for very long.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The rear end gets extremly hot after a short ride, is this normal? I think the heat is coming from the header pipe and muffler being so close. Also have slight leak on passanger side rear seal.
There is lots of info on here about the rear diff getting hot. my diff ran really hot before I opened up the breather and reduced the amount of fluid. Having too much fluid in these limited slip diffs will cause them to make extra heat as well due to fluid friction, as funny as it sounds it is true. I was told by my dealer to run only 175 ml's in both diffs and I ran an extended line in to my frame with silicone treated steel wool to help fight off moisture. I have made a few wide open runs for extended periods of time and the temp difference is considerable.
http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-general-discussions/3932-rear-end-xtz.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts