Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
ya seen this one. I have heard rumors that they dropped the HP on the production version of the wildcat for some reason. There is just no excuse that with the extra cc's and the time they had to obviously grab an XP for themselves during development of the wildcat. I just dont understand why they would alow the wildcat to make less power and loose a drag race.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't get me wrong I really like the WildCat!
When all the info started coming out they kept saying dual throttle bodies and dual exhaust with more thank 95 HP's. A redesigned 1000cc motor, so I was sure it would put out more HP's than the Po Po. Lets just face the facts why buy something that is already second in power? The rest of the machine is nice but for the South West guys that hit the big sand dunes we need lots of HP's and suspension. Po Po hit a home run with the RZR line and now the XP rips up the sand dunes.

Come on Arctic cat we are looking for more HP's!!!!!!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Everyone on the wildcat forum is pissed that there is no dual T.B.'s and that it has a wet clutch.
Airdam was in glamis with a member over there put on a WCD and were trying to get it to climb china wall.

Dunners are not impressed, everyone else trail or rock crawlers are totally Happy!

There will be a post tonight of how the airdam WCD testing went, seems all the dunners are waiting on the report before they make up their mind on the WC or XP.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
It only made 2hp less than the XP.
Same dyno was used on both machines so power is on par, but unfortunately did not blow the XP out of the water!

I guess I should say the Dunner that is upset is the ones that like to sit and drag race up the hill.

The guy's that are blasting all around the dunes are in love and are walking on the XP's there due to suspension.
The shifting of the clutches on the long hard pulls is what is killing the CAT! as compared to the XP.

I love a wet clutch way easier on belts when technical crawling or in mud.
Also I don't see how it is hurting performance as in a straight up drag race the Prowler and Wildcat are KING! The xp is the only machine that can compete.

I think the problem is in the secondary clutch, just my opinion.
The secondary is the down shifting and if it was a roller secondary instead of just the plastic buttons it would react 10x's quicker and bunch improved.
They have not used buttons on a secondary clutch in a sled in over 10 years!!

Wonder why they are using such old technology.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks like the WCD didnt workout so good again. I bet AC just lost some sales to dunners.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
It wasn't Arctic Cat being afraid of lawyers and suits, it was trying to make the belt survive and mainly, CALIFORNIA AIR RESOURCE BOARD Emissions...
Leave it to you damn Cali guys to ruin it for us all...:D

But seriously, reports are that they had to lower the output to get it to pass CARB...
But that engine has tons of potential... change the exhaust to the new Muzzys, change the ECU to one of the new reburnt ones and hang on....

And hey, I've seen the same results the opposite way around also...

Keep in mind, a stock WC with changed cage and tires, won the production 1000 class and almost took first. It started in 25th position and by the halfway point was in 2nd overall....that's pretty impressive, especially considering that the only car that it didn't pass was Mitch Guthrie, who has won the KOH UTV race 3 out of 4 years, knows those trails better than the back of his hand and is a highly talented driver...

·
Registered
733 Posts
I sat in one at the dealership and was VERY impressed at the cockpit! The biggest thing that's keeping me from trading in on one is the fact that they're still using the same transmission that seems to have strength issues. I do a lot of trail and mud riding and I don't have confidence that it wouldn't puke its guts on me in the deep stuff.. fingers crossed that they build a beefier setup in there soon... They're on the right track tho..

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I sat in one at the dealership and was VERY impressed at the cockpit! The biggest thing that's keeping me from trading in on one is the fact that they're still using the same transmission that seems to have strength issues. I do a lot of trail and mud riding and I don't have confidence that it wouldn't puke its guts on me in the deep stuff.. fingers crossed that they build a beefier setup in there soon... They're on the right track tho..
What makes you think it's the exact same trans? AC changes things constantly and improves them. I've only seen failures in older XTZs, not late 11's or 12's.

Sorry, but I don't agree with your thoughts there...

If you don't like it, find a nice used XP, there's lots of them for sale around now....

·
Registered
733 Posts
What makes you think it's the exact same trans? AC changes things constantly and improves them. I've only seen failures in older XTZs, not late 11's or 12's.

Sorry, but I don't agree with your thoughts there...

If you don't like it, find a nice used XP, there's lots of them for sale around now....
Show me proof that it is different and stronger.. If I'm wrong I stand corrected and I thank you for the info, cincerly. I just want to be sure before I buy either the xtz or wildcat that I will have that dependability. That's fine that you don't agree with my thoughts, you know more than I do for sure I'm not about to get in to a debate with you over this. I guess its just my dealer that couldn't really tell me anything about the setup, therefore I'm not fully confident in it yet for my use. I'm always the guy who waits for someone else to get the leading edge stuff and test it out before I dive in.. guess I'm a little chicken in that regard.. lol

P.S. good one about the XP.. they are sweet but I'll hold on to my 700 until I convince myself to go pick up a wildcat (or maybe xtz) .. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts