Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only thing I can see is they added a i to the end of the displacement.
Wonder why?

Oh yeah and new paint jobs.
Also the hdx has the new cage.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Last yrs prowler owners will be happy to know they didnt change anything (that I can tell) other than paint. I like that dark green on the HDX. Riddler Im curious if your getting the 1000. Seems like that HDX would be more worthy for the terrian up here in Alaska. Have you been debating between the two or you need that power. Also if there hardly no change between years are going to get this years or last.. save some $. Whicha thinking.-

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I like the hdx really contemplated buying it.
Held off thinking if I did then they would release a 2012 1000cc HDX.
My inlaws just bought the 2011 hdx and it is sweet. I would love to build a cage for the kids in the back of that it is huge.
I am too much of a power junkie, no I do not need the extra power as the old 650 motor did all that I asked of it last year.

But I love me some power!

Gonna go get a 2011 xtz today.
Then have the old mutt machine to plow and play.

I am promising I will not get all carried away with the 2011. It is gonna be the family machine. My wife is tired of me always tweeking and tuning right up till we leave.

Heck I did not even go to sleep the night before our Memorial weekend ride.
I was building a airbox and intake tubing among other things.
She was pissed. As I always used to work all night before the mud drags then load up and go. This will be a machine always ready to go and for the family.

The other will be for me and the boy to rally, hunt and plow snow. Oh yeah and it dont matter how loud it is for him and me.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Yeah I like the hdx really contemplated buying it.
Held off thinking if I did then they would release a 2012 1000cc HDX.
My inlaws just bought the 2011 hdx and it is sweet. I would love to build a cage for the kids in the back of that it is huge.
I am too much of a power junkie, no I do not need the extra power as the old 650 motor did all that I asked of it last year.

But I love me some power!

Gonna go get a 2011 xtz today.
Then have the old mutt machine to plow and play.

I am promising I will not get all carried away with the 2011. It is gonna be the family machine. My wife is tired of me always tweeking and tuning right up till we leave.

Heck I did not even go to sleep the night before our Memorial weekend ride.
I was building a airbox and intake tubing among other things.
She was pissed. As I always used to work all night before the mud drags then load up and go. This will be a machine always ready to go and for the family.

The other will be for me and the boy to rally, hunt and plow snow. Oh yeah and it dont matter how loud it is for him and me.
I like your line of thinking. Looking back at the mess I got into with my garage queen I wish I had another one that was always ready to go. Good luck with the new xtz.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
LOL you should see the houseboat the just backed in next to my shop.:eek:
What do think about the worlds fastest house boat? You and I could start a new retro fitting business and bolt a few of these up high on the boat. They can ingest a lot of water! Watch at about the 1:15 mark.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats John, I wish I could have convinced my wife that spending $16K on a new machine was worth it!!

Be content knowing that a portion of your old 650 engine will be breathing again on the other coast!!

PS. where is the snow AND the kids wondered "do you live near santa claus?"

·
Registered
282 Posts
congrats on the new ride, get out the torch and welder..start bending pipe, oh thats right you promised. JK. Guess you will have to do more mods on the 650.. seats and peddles, now that your kids will grow up with their own tricked out prowler.:D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats John, I wish I could have convinced my wife that spending $16K on a new machine was worth it!!

Be content knowing that a portion of your old 650 engine will be breathing again on the other coast!!

PS. where is the snow AND the kids wondered "do you live near santa claus?"

Thanks my wife & kids love riding and I was not gonna let us miss any of our weekends.
And I do indeed live 8miles away from Santas House.
About Us | Santa Claus House - North Pole, Alaska

1 - 20 of 39 Posts