Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HDX is giving me problems in the clutch. I have warrant still so I'm not doing the work . my seal leak's every time they put a new one and we have tried two different clutch kits one was a cat track kit and the one in it now is a epi muddin kit and the belt still slips and squeals I do run tracks in the winter and 26 mud light in the summer its bin in the shop for month and a half this time and over two months in total it has 500km on it SO do I ask for my money back or a new one and I want them to make my payments that I have not bin able to use it.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I'd push for replacement. If you have a documented history on this you may have a case. I'd ask for a company representative to be involved. Belt slipping is one sign of oil in the belt case. The seal job is not that difficult to do, I would think a dealer should be able to get it right. The clutch kits should help, did they re-use the belt?

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
How long doe's it take for the belt to start slipping? Doe's it do it without the trac's? Changing the clutch to a mudder clutch adds low end, both clutch kits do that. It almost sounds like there is a lot of drag on the drivetrain that the belt has to overcome.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
X'2! Either the shop doe's not know what the are doing, or something in the drivetrain is out of whack! If nothing is dragging, or binding up, then it has to be in the clutch and related parts.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
From everyone I've heard, Airdam could resolve your clutch issues.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just posted about an issue i had with seals leaking on my 08 650. It was being caused by play in the one way bearing in the centrifugal housing. It was enough play to let the it move and mess up the seal. I may have mis-read your post but if you're having a leaking seal problem it may be worth looking into.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Ya it still has warranty and its on its second axle seal
06foreman is it the rear axle seal or the front,you need to leave your diff's around an 1'' below the fill plug these buggy's have a sealed venting system they build up pressure,which sometimes causes to leak around the seals,might want to check into that,I bought mine new in 2006 and there was a bulletin that come out on that problem,I had a rear bladder the blew up from pressure I have around 2000 miles on mine and have never replaced a seal.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
It's a front and I have never worked on this unit the dealer has
Yea most of the time its the rear that leaks,I had a friend of mine that did blow a front Bladder from pressure...not sure about your problem...I would make the dealer put a new one in............:(

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
The seals will sometimes leak when the Prowler is used in an extremely cold climate. This was listed in the Maintenance/repair manual. Just a thought!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is still a prob in my clutch the dealer tried to dif epi clutch kits and still wont pull it self up a ditch without squealing like its slipping the belt and it will only do 70km an hour reved wright out . I would like to no what AIR DAM is like or can I try to get my money back it has 538km sins august bin in the shop for three months in total .

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Sounds like maybe you got a lemon. Do they have any type of lemon law there? I know some places here if you go back for the same thing for like 3 times or more, they are supposed to replace it. Never experienced it myself, but have heard.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
AirDam will tailor a clutch to your needs, When you install a mudder or other low end kit it kills the top end. The AC trac clutch uses a spacer to open the sheaves allowing the belt to ride lower in the primary, also limits how high the belt will ride. This may be allowing the belt to slip at higher rpm. There is no perfect set up on clutches, if you add low end, you take it off the top and so on. Have the dealer check the spring on the secondary, see if it is binding up, mine had a rough spot on the assembly, and it would not close completely.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts