Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

2012 Holler Crawlers Haunted Forest Ride, Bell County KY

8K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  TBird 
#1 ·
Hello all... Well the ride was awesome! Over 1,500 ATV's and SXS's were there. Along with a crap load of cars, trucks, and rail buggies. Brian Fishers ATV world was there filming along with sponsors from the big 4 (Arctic Cat, Yamaha, Polaris, and Kawi). Got to watch the 2013 Wildcat beat the pants of some RZR's in the hill climb comp and the poker run! :) And someone with a Prowler placed 4th in the Mud-Drags (me lol) out of 28 so not to bad. I do like that the first place winner was running a supercharged XTZ! And I got to pull 2 Rhinos and 1 RZR out of the same mud holes I went through;)! Now on my machine here's the good, the bad, and the ugly... I will post more details in other threads.

The Good: Snorkels worked great, all elec conn held up to the water (di-electric grease), my new tires that I forgot to tell you guys about did AWESOME (Sedona Mud Rebels), Temp and Volt Gauges workes, Papa-Slap clutch took me up hills and through mud in HI when I had to use Low at the same spots last time, no oil leakes in belt housing, where I installed my sending units held up great.

The Bad: Center snorkel (clutch intake) was 6in from header pipe. I thought that was far enough but it bubbled the side of pipe. Going to have to wrap that pipe good. I was intitally getting oil pressure from that lower plug on filter housing. Then about half way through trip the pressure went to 0. I checked and still had plenty of oil so hoping just a wire or something came loose.

The Ugly: I didn't get to take my Cat down the haunted trail because right before we got there is started overheating. I thought it was just mud in radiator.. went to check it out and noticed the fan wasn't running. Then it came on a little while later, then went off again. So I kept overheating. I'm guessing there's a short somewhere but need to check that out. I'm think I've decide to, with as much mudding as I do, I'm going to install a fan switch to force it to run.

Anyway, here's some pics.. going to put more in my album!

P.S. First on list is FIX REAR BRAKE CHATTER! IT'S GETTING WORSE AND DRIVING ME NUTS! NOT TO MENTION EMBERASSING!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
mud runs

all in all sounds like you did real good,great for articcat,on your snorkel by your header i took mine off and took it to a muffler shop and had them bend one up out of gal exhaust pipe worked great,my factory one did the same as yours when i changed exhaust it started to bubble.i thought it was far enough away,and on the brake chatter a new true rotor or shanes four wheel disc conversion.:)

#3 ·
I had the same issue with my snorkel, I wrapped mine with metal tape and haven't had an issue since. something to consider. Thanks for all the pics by the way, sounds like you were running hard! I love playing in the mud cheers

#4 ·
Glad most everything worked out for you. As far as the brake chatter, your best initial option is trying to get a true rotor. If I remember correctly, your 2008 rotor isn't nearly as costly as my 2006. Get your new rotor and throw a dial indicator on it before driving it to make sure it is true. At least that way you may be able to return the rotor (unused) if it isn't true. If all else fails I can try and help you on the 4 wheel brakes.....:D

#5 ·
Great job!

#6 ·
Thanks for the replys guys! Today I'm going to try to see whats wrong with my fan. Sometimes it runs, sometimes it don't. Thanks out west.. I may be hitting you up pretty soon. I'm going to try a new rotor again and see what that does. If that doesn't work I may be the next person on here to do the conversion. One thing I forgot to mention in my original post that sucks.. 2 people were killed on Saturday. One guy on a RZR was FLYING down a trail and hit a guy on a dirt bike coming around the corner. The other, a guy tried taking a quad up this huge hill climb that rail-buggies were going up. Front end came up and his quad rolled about 15 times down the hill..he was on it for half that! It's a reminder for me that we all should hope for the best but expect the worse. Like that guy on the RZR... it's may not always be something stupid were doing, it may be some other jacka**.

#7 ·
daryle,that really sucks about two people losing there lives,when you go to those events you have to have eyes in the back of your head,i used to go to the black water 100 for 8 years straight,and every year someone lost there there life.and 95% of the time it was always something stupid.they no longer have the event anymore.:(

#8 ·
That's what I'm afraid of! I would hate it if they got rid of this event due to a couple careless people.

#9 ·
Back when I lived in AZ I used to head down to Glamis on some of the big party weekends. It was A LOT of fun. Unfortunately somebody would get killed it seemed every year there as well. Having over 100,000 people with high powered machines and high powered liquor is just asking for trouble most of the time..... Just have to try and be smart and cautious, but anything can happen.....

#10 ·
There's a couple miles of nice trails a couple miles from my house. Me and a couple buddies will cruise them down by the lake, build a fire, have a beer or two and come home. But I think at something like I just went to or especially glamis I would feel much better if there were no alcohol at all. I know to many people that can't handle their machines sober, especially drunk.

#12 ·
Oh Man you are soo correct on that!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 ·
all the more reasons for a strong roll cage and good shoulder harnesses ... ya never know what may happen and safety is planned ahead not after the fact.
not a lecture 'cause I've done the stupid stuff too , but I am fixing what I consider some weakness in our rigs 'cause I figure I'll do some of the stupid stuff again :(

#15 ·
Thanks for the info on the crash Daryle_TN. I saw on the news about it but was curious as to what happened. I rode at Livingston on a weekday once about 15 yrs ago and noticed crossing paths and such. Just wondered why there was not a killing back then on weekends cause a lotta folks use to go there to ride, especially with the trees in foliage, you just could not see around bends in the trails or the intersecting trails. Back then it was mostly ATV's, rail buggies and a few 4WD's .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.