Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any knowledge on 800 crews running fine until they are shut off then have a temp spike and not start afterwards? We have done many tested many theories and can't figure it out.

We have replaced ect sensor, ecu, wiring harness, thermostat, and even run it with out the thermostat and there is no change in the buggy.

We have installed a 2nd fan underneath the back seat and worked into the factory fan and also installed a override switch. So the fan will work normal but we can also turn them on do dissipate the radiant heat much quicker.

We have found countless amounts of ppl having this issue. 1 person took his kids out for a spin and was 6 miles from his house and had his kids with him and the seat burn out of it.

Another was on a hunting trip and was on his way back to his cabin with his dogs and the seat actually burnt out of it.

It has been to 3 diff dealers for a total of 7 different times. And they claim they can't duplicate the problem, so there is nothing wrong with it. Polaris has sent the same letter to us that other ppl have gotten. Stating that they no nothing about the buggy no wanting to start after it is shut off from running.

Our crew is still under warranty and polaris corp said you paid it off its your baby...

Any one have any info on this issue?

Engine Ice is our next step...

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
seems like class action material to me ..if in fact there are many that have been affected

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seems like class action material to me ..if in fact there are many that have been affected
Many have been affected from what we have seen, we even tried to get a lemon law layer and that turned out to be a joke cause he was working for polaris too!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Anyone have any knowledge on 800 crews running fine until they are shut off then have a temp spike and not start afterwards? We have done many tested many theories and can't figure it out.

We have replaced ect sensor, ecu, wiring harness, thermostat, and even run it with out the thermostat and there is no change in the buggy.

We have installed a 2nd fan underneath the back seat and worked into the factory fan and also installed a override switch. So the fan will work normal but we can also turn them on do dissipate the radiant heat much quicker.

We have found countless amounts of ppl having this issue. 1 person took his kids out for a spin and was 6 miles from his house and had his kids with him and the seat burn out of it.

Another was on a hunting trip and was on his way back to his cabin with his dogs and the seat actually burnt out of it.

It has been to 3 diff dealers for a total of 7 different times. And they claim they can't duplicate the problem, so there is nothing wrong with it. Polaris has sent the same letter to us that other ppl have gotten. Stating that they no nothing about the buggy no wanting to start after it is shut off from running.

Our crew is still under warranty and polaris corp said you paid it off its your baby...

Any one have any info on this issue?

Engine Ice is our next step...
Sorry about your problems,engine Ice does run cooler,I use it mine it will run up to about 185 then the fan will kick on and temp will drop back to 155.I don't think it will fix your problem.Paid off or not I would think the warranty would still be good.I think I would drive it through there show room window.:eek::D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about your problems,engine Ice does run cooler,I use it mine it will run up to about 185 then the fan will kick on and temp will drop back to 155.I don't think it will fix your problem.Paid off or not I would think the warranty would still be good.I think I would drive it through there show room window.:eek::D
Do or did you have a crew when you ran it or are you talking about your cat?
I am assuming that your talking about your cat cause polaris units run hotter than that.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Do or did you have a crew when you ran it or are you talking about your cat?
I am assuming that your talking about your cat cause polaris units run hotter than that.
Yea I am talking about my cat,I believe the rzrs run around 205 to 215 degrees.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Got a friend that has a 2012 6 seater Crew and the only problems he's had is getting the front air intake wet, says he's going to snorkel it sometime. He also has the same dust problem our older Cats have.

·
Registered
22 Posts
does it start after it cools down awhile, I know lot of people have problems with heat and seats melting or so hot you cant set in it, seems like it the fuel rail on some was so hot after it was stopped that the fuel vaporised and wouldn't run till cool Have you been on the polaris forum lots of people with this problem, Thats where i would look lots of info.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does it start after it cools down awhile, I know lot of people have problems with heat and seats melting or so hot you cant set in it, seems like it the fuel rail on some was so hot after it was stopped that the fuel vaporised and wouldn't run till cool Have you been on the polaris forum lots of people with this problem, Thats where i would look lots of info.

I was talking about the lawsuit that my parents were in the process of with a lemon law lawyer and I was banned. Sight moderator worked for polaris... Go figure. It will start and run after it cools down to about 186 degrees.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I was talking about the lawsuit that my parents were in the process of with a lemon law lawyer and I was banned. Sight moderator worked for polaris... Go figure. It will start and run after it cools down to about 186 degrees.
The site moderator should have helped you out,If he works for polaris.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
wirenut I see you have come out of hiding.LOL:DGlad to here your opinion.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The site moderator should have helped you out,If he works for polaris.
Supposedly they had strict rules against talking about law suites and or recruiting to file class action lawsuits. Talking about covering their butts. Polaris sure does... They have sent the same letter to many different people with are same problem stating that they have never heard of the problem. So there is no problem.

It got to the point that i was trying to use different emails and different ip addresses in order to try and contact the different people with the same problem. And they was just blocking me cause they new it was me after I made my first post cause I didn't introduce my self. I just played their game. And of course I lost Again. Cause I give up. And said more reasons ill never buy a polaris again. I hated them when they was 2 strokes now they could have a reputable company that is being driven into the ground their private dealers.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How far have you gotten with polaris tech line.
No help... They are awful corp was the ones who told us. It was their baby regardless of the warranty. Because they couldn't duplicate the problem, the problem didn't exist.

When the problem only exists after your actually running the buggy, not letting it idle till full engine temp and trying to check it. Like dealers do.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I think I would start with the vapor lock potential. Insulate the fuel rail (if possible), and heat shield for the bottom of the seat, check the plugs to see if it is running lean (lean mixtures create a lot of heat!). I'm not sure on Polaris machines, but they have the engine directly under the seat don't they?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I think I would start with the vapor lock potential. Insulate the fuel rail (if possible), and heat shield for the bottom of the seat, check the plugs to see if it is running lean (lean mixtures create a lot of heat!). I'm not sure on Polaris machines, but they have the engine directly under the seat don't they?
LIKE RD said check your plugs,and see if there burning white,and if your head pipe is glowing.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dennis Kirk sells a universal fuel line wrap kit for 15 bucks I was just Leary of it really working. Ill try that and ill look into the plugs as well. And we'll start over there. Maybe we can figure this puzzle out after all.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
If it is a lean mixture, check for a vacuum leak, Throttle body to intake, intake to cylinder, etc. etc.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If it is a lean mixture, check for a vacuum leak, Throttle body to intake, intake to cylinder, etc. etc.
Only issue is I know that the crews are already run pretty lean to pass emission standards. They even have a restricter cone in the intake to cut down on the amount of air being sucked in. And if the restricter is removed they will automatically void your warranty. But it's not like they are backing it anyways.

Ill probably pull the plugs this week to see if I notice anything. And I'll order the fuel line cover for it this week as well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts