Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I had a couple of great rides this year. One was a fast paced excursion from San Juan airport to Marana. 165 miles each way and an overnight trip, 330 miles total. It was a great ride. We went with 20 motorcycles. 4 of which were test bikes for a magazine review. At mile 23 my brakes got hot and I had to stop and let them cool. Mile 65 I broke my left front coil spring. The great thing that made this ride fun, was about every 50 miles, the ride coordinators had pit stops set up for refueling and resting. They were operated by some of the wives. They offered great food and even wash clothes to clean yourself off. I drove on my broke spring for almost 20 miles to the pit. Loaded it up on a trailer and rode with my buddy for the remainder of the trip in his HDX. My last ride to Crown King was a great ride, except for my back pack falling out of the car on the trail with brand new sunglasses, gloves, 3 pairs of goggles, Glock Magazine filled with .40 S&W, and other fun items. The weather was nice, but a lot of dust. Then yesterday, I sold the Prowler to a gentleman from Nebraska.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
had a couple of good rides didnt break anything. pulling out a new T-rex with 23 miles on it was sweet.june back surgery not much riding but still managed to spend money on prowler.watch out 2013 Iam ready to ride...........:D

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I helped my buddy Seth put a new engine in my Prowler

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had a couple of great rides this year. One was a fast paced excursion from San Juan airport to Marana. 165 miles each way and an overnight trip, 330 miles total. It was a great ride. We went with 20 motorcycles. 4 of which were test bikes for a magazine review. At mile 23 my brakes got hot and I had to stop and let them cool. Mile 65 I broke my left front coil spring. The great thing that made this ride fun, was about every 50 miles, the ride coordinators had pit stops set up for refueling and resting. They were operated by some of the wives. They offered great food and even wash clothes to clean yourself off. I drove on my broke spring for almost 20 miles to the pit. Loaded it up on a trailer and rode with my buddy for the remainder of the trip in his HDX. My last ride to Crown King was a great ride, except for my back pack falling out of the car on the trail with brand new sunglasses, gloves, 3 pairs of goggles, Glock Magazine filled with .40 S&W, and other fun items. The weather was nice, but a lot of dust. Then yesterday, I sold the Prowler to a gentleman from Nebraska.
...are you makin' anew purchase?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
did some great fun rides, several long extended ones with several other SxS's , also did some event type rides like Hells Canyon ..

we have had a ball this past summer , looking forward to next summer with fresh knees so I can get around better after I get out of the rig and explore some of the back country area's we're in.

got a new custom built trailer , a very cool one that a bunch of my diesel buddies surprised me with as a gift .. so can haul my rig without using my G/N trailer [looked like a peanut on a elephants back] LOL buy hey I already owned it :) , and it didn't bother me to haul a 10" rig on a 30' trailer .. but must say this new custom built one is a real trick trailer !!

my friends and I are planning on some extended rides again this summer .. maybe over in Montana and for sure Hells Canyon again. some camping outings also into boondocks Idaho.

I have 5K miles in three summers use on this rig so we do get out a bunch.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Completely rebuilt my motor due to broken bevels and cracked case. Installed the new style bevels. Rebuilt the front differential to fix a seal leak and to have the spider gear pin welded in better. Installed rear wheel disc brakes because I was tired of the driveline brake making my motor sound like it was going to explode.

After all of that I finally got to take the Prowler out on my elk hunt. Did more tinkering than riding this year. So hoping to do a lot of riding in 2013...:D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Went on a great ride at Wilderness Trail off road park in Eastern Kentucky.. For mods.. 2in Highlifter Lift, Aftermarket Roll Cage, Papa-Slap Clutch, full snorkels, Superwinch install, custom roof, installed oil-temp-volt gauges, marine stereo with 4 speakers, half windshield, AMR monster coil, RickTheRocket's bushings all around, and trail armor doors... Wow I've spent a crap load on this thing to only go on one ride! I think this year I'm going to back off some on the mods and try to enjoy it a little!

P.S. Almost all of this was done using advise that you guys have given me here! I just want to say you are a great group and Thank-you to each of you for the help this past year! Looking forward to an interesting and hopefully less expensive 2013!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
X2 really enjoyed the site in 2012,looking foward to the new year,the wife said there wont be as much spending on prowler this year.:D:D:D.I just laughed.I told her there would be a tune system...............

1 - 11 of 11 Posts