Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals

just bought this 700HDX for a song knowing it had some issues, I’m a mechanic, so it doesn’t scare me lol.

here’s my symptoms

• Loss of power when going up a hill and smoke from the clutch cover intake
  • occasionally it will take a WOT blip to get it to start moving and again smoke from the clutch cover intake
  • loss of engine oil
  • when moving slow, feels like it’s in low range even in high.
  • takes all my strength to push forward when in neutral and not running but rolls backwards like nothing

everything I’ve read is pointing me towards the seal behind the clutch, leaking oil onto the belt. I’ve also read on here a hundred times about this, however I’ve got no oil coming out of the drain in the clutch cover.

I’ve read about the one way bearing removal and will be doing that.

can anyone point me to a parts list of what I should be buying or parts I should replace while in there?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
7,349 Posts
Hey guys and gals

just bought this 700HDX for a song knowing it had some issues, I’m a mechanic, so it doesn’t scare me lol.

here’s my symptoms

• Loss of power when going up a hill and smoke from the clutch cover intake
  • occasionally it will take a WOT blip to get it to start moving and again smoke from the clutch cover intake
  • loss of engine oil
  • when moving slow, feels like it’s in low range even in high.
  • takes all my strength to push forward when in neutral and not running but rolls backwards like nothing

everything I’ve read is pointing me towards the seal behind the clutch, leaking oil onto the belt. I’ve also read on here a hundred times about this, however I’ve got no oil coming out of the drain in the clutch cover.

I’ve read about the one way bearing removal and will be doing that.

can anyone point me to a parts list of what I should be buying or parts I should replace while in there?

Thanks!
Get rid of the one way bearing! Not really needed, and the amount of engine braking is small. Seal in the clutch cover will cause what you describe, a very little amount of oil will cause the belt to slip. Seal 0830-244, Spacer Fixed Drive 0832-015 ( may or may not need this) O-Ring 0470-531. Housing gaskets are usually reusable, take care on dis-assembly. Belt can be cleaned in hot soapy water, Dawn dish soap works great! Brake clean on the clutch faces, then scotch brite pad, again the soapy water, and air dry. Seal will need to be pressed out, and new one pressed in. If you don't have a service manual, download one from Country Cat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts