Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Arctic Prowler 700 HDX, the exhaust gets super hot, like red hot. We have been checking everything even wrapped the exhaust with heat tape and sealed it with heat silicone heat spray, but it still gets super hot but not red hot now. Does anyone know what I can do?

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Is there a spark arrestor on the muffler? You can remove the short tailpipe on the older models to clean the spark arrestor. They do plug up. Also, the fiber exhaust gasket between the exhaust port, off the head and the header pipe can fall apart and get wedged in the exhaust pipe. That will plug it up, too. I would check that, too. Replace it with a metal one, just to eliminate a future problem, if it is ok, now.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
might also have dealer check it for fuel adjustments , if it not in spec it would burn hotter

if your using heat wrap watch it carefully as it will rust out the pipe fast , suggest getting a second exhaust system to hang on garage shelf so you have a replacement available when yours gives up .. while it young they are readily available but when it get older the supple dries up , guys switch out the systems for after market and have no use for the pipes grab up one or two for spares

1 - 3 of 3 Posts