1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I ordered mine last night,dont tell the wife.:D:D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Looks like a blast. I've never ridden in a rail, but I've drooled a lot watching them every time I went to the dunes.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
now we're talking "built" Jeep prices with that rig LOL

sure need to win the lotto BIG

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
You could buy 10 Prowlers at least!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Gary,how much do you think the price tag is on that rail.:cool:
my guess is that one is in the 60 to 75 K range ... you could build it for much less even buying someone else chassis .. the major $$ would be the twin turbo big block [if built right]

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
my guess is that one is in the 60 to 75 K range ... you could build it for much less even buying someone else chassis .. the major $$ would be the twin turbo big block [if built right]
what motor do you run in your jeep.

·
Registered
561 Posts
wow that looks like fun. Life styles of the rich and famous. That's not me I drive a poor mans sand rail my WC.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I have a 400/425 horse power 383 small block Chevy [SBC] .. good stuff in it 'cause I'm not real easy on things :)

I have a Dana 80 for the rear axle waiting for me to get it cut down and install , also have a NV4500 [a 5 speed ] tranny to install behind the engine to hold the power as I can rip the 5 speed in it apart at will [ripped out 3rd gear several times "showing off" / powering through the gears].. I have the frame reinforced at the weak spots [several in a CJ7] ... have to be careful using my snow plow with it lots of power and weak parts behind the engine LOL

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have a 400/425 horse power 383 small block Chevy [SBC] .. good stuff in it 'cause I'm not real easy on things :)

I have a Dana 80 for the rear axle waiting for me to get it cut down and install , also have a NV4500 [a 5 speed ] tranny to install behind the engine to hold the power as I can rip the 5 speed in it apart at will [ripped out 3rd gear several times "showing off" / powering through the gears].. I have the frame reinforced at the weak spots [several in a CJ7] ... have to be careful using my snow plow with it lots of power and weak parts behind the engine LOL
Gary whats the 5-speed out of.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Gary whats the 5-speed out of.
a '98 Dodge Dually diesel I took over a cliff and totaled .. that one cost me 9 months between hospital and rehab and then another 3 months off work for blood clots.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
a '98 Dodge Dually diesel I took over a cliff and totaled .. that one cost me 9 months between hospital and rehab and then another 3 months off work for blood clots.
sounds like it could of been a lot worse,Gary you know the road dont go over the cliff.:eek:

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
the good news is a tree stopped me from the 700 foot straight down cliff bottom ... I took out 3 trees and the 4th caught me directly in front of driver seat , then about 40 yards of Manzanita and then 700 foot straight down with no taper...

long story .. but's that the short version

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ya the new CEO is what Cat needed to refocus there thinking. He has been good for Cat. Like to see them ahead of poo. It's been a long time coming watch them go now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts