Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2013 wildcat 4 and after 1.9 hours and 15 miles on the odometer, the clutch belt has already gone out. I never drove this over 30 mph and did not climb any hills just simple flat riding and my brand new wildcat 4 is back at the dealer less than 24 hours after I bought it. I will be contacting artic cat headquarters on Monday. Not a good start with artic cat.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I just bought a 2013 wildcat 4 and after 1.9 hours and 15 miles on the odometer, the clutch belt has already gone out. I never drove this over 30 mph and did not climb any hills just simple flat riding and my brand new wildcat 4 is back at the dealer less than 24 hours after I bought it. I will be contacting artic cat headquarters on Monday. Not a good start with artic cat.
let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The belt had blown to pieces. Dealer replaced belt but many other people seem to be having the same issue

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
The belt had blown to pieces. Dealer replaced belt but many other people seem to be having the same issue
If you bought a team clutch model wildcat 4 it has a dry clutch not a wet clutch and you cant drive them the same you cant rock crawl in high range or climb steep grades in high range with a dry clutch you have to use low range more or you will burn a belt. Im not saying you were doing anything wrong this was just for future info for everyone.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
If you bought a team clutch model wildcat 4 it has a dry clutch not a wet clutch and you cant drive them the same you cant rock crawl in high range or climb steep grades in high range with a dry clutch you have to use low range more or you will burn a belt. Im not saying you were doing anything wrong this was just for future info for everyone.
That's true,they say having a wet clutch is a lot easier on your belt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts