Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a new 2014 artic cat prowler xtx 700 today. Brought it home and it ran fine for approximately 3 miles. It started making a loud rattling noise then quit. It would not start back. Put it in neutral and it started but will now not go into any gear without dieing immediately. It also will not start in park. I am pretty disappointed. The prowler has about 20 miles on it is all and we didn't even have it home 20 min before it messed up. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2012 brand new ,,it ended up being one of the internal springs in the wet clutch very easy fix but im sure its under warrenty,,,,let us now how you make out,,and welcome to the site!!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the site, sorry for you misfortune, but stuff happens. I agree with Muddog on the clutch spring. Another one of those little parts that leave you stranded! Seems like all brands have issues! You have a great machine in a Prowler. Dealer should handle that in no time!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I am in love with it already but still broken hearted. I really believe the dealer will fix it and we will be on the trails soon! I am sure it is something simple.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I've been riding the trails with mine for three years! I've had a couple of breakdowns, but they were all my fault! My Prowler has been very dependable, the wife and I usually ride by ourselves, so we have learned to trust our machine!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's just me and my husband too. We had a Honda and have never broke down. This has scared me alittle but once we get the prowler on the trail and working again, I believe I will feel better about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more question..I guess we are going to have to take it back to the dealership this week. If we can't get it to go in gear, how do you load it on a trailer? Just trying to figure out how to get it to the shop to get fixed.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
One more question..I guess we are going to have to take it back to the dealership this week. If we can't get it to go in gear, how do you load it on a trailer? Just trying to figure out how to get it to the shop to get fixed.
Welcome to the site!

Does it have a winch installed? You could pull it on the trailer with that if you have one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No winch yet. It didn't come with one and we just got it yesterday. We also cannot get it to go out of park now into neutral.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
No winch yet. It didn't come with one and we just got it yesterday. We also cannot get it to go out of park now into neutral.
Sorry to hear about your Prowler I'm sure its something simple,I know of other brands breaking when there new also.Not real sure how you are gonna load it if you cant get it out of park.....I would call the dealer.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I couldn't get my hdx out of park either at first.Don't use park if on an incline otherwise you really have to force it.It does get somewhat better with use,but setup sucks

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
do you guys have a Cherry picker [engine lift ] ?? you could lift one end nd bck the trailer under the front then go to the back and lift it while backing the trailer again .. a PIA but will do the job

have to watch our language now days guys a lady in the house :)

welcome to the site

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Most dealers in my area have a pickup/delivery service (We live in a rural farmland area), see if your dealer can help, or a towing service with a flatbed (costly!) With that low of mileage, and being a new machine I'm sure the dealer can arrange something, I'd present my case and hope for the best. They are not bashful when you are buying a machine! Hope it works out for you! Let us know how it works out!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I couldn't get my hdx out of park either at first.Don't use park if on an incline otherwise you really have to force it.It does get somewhat better with use,but setup sucks
Slycat they even recommend not using park on the new rzr's and rangers on a incline also.

·
Registered
561 Posts
funny you should mention the incline thing. I did that and had to get some one to push it forward thin and only then I could get it out of park. I like the line lock idea. but have to get brake lines made for it. I never put it on the prowler . may put it in the wild cat.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Rob, I used a RZR parking brake set up that is aftermarket. Consists of a bracket, and handle. I put one on my 09 Prowler, and did away with the foot pedal. I posted it on my projects post.

·
Registered
177 Posts
funny you should mention the incline thing. I did that and had to get some one to push it forward thin and only then I could get it out of park. I like the line lock idea. but have to get brake lines made for it. I never put it on the prowler . may put it in the wild cat.
yeah right did that. Pushed prowler up the hill,got the wife to pull it out of park and it promptly ran over me and down the hill. Only thing that was hurt was my feelings and few spots could have used some more skin.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
yeah right did that. Pushed prowler up the hill,got the wife to pull it out of park and it promptly ran over me and down the hill. Only thing that was hurt was my feelings and few spots could have used some more skin.
I bet the wife knew you were a happy camper........:):eek:

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Glad just your feelings were hurt! We all seem to do things that seem like a good idea at the time, but.......................................LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts