Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, First post on a message board. I was plowing snow with my 2014 HDX 700. Pushed a pile of snow and when I backed up I heard a loud scraping / screeching noise from underneath the box in the transmission / clutch area. What would be the most likely problem. I stopped and it won't go into gear after shut down. When I tried to restart it made the same loud noise. I'd really value some advice. I can't even move it to load it on a trailer. Thank you.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Sounds like 1-way clutch bearing went out. common on these machines when worked hard.

·
Administrator
7,331 Posts
Hi there, First post on a message board. I was plowing snow with my 2014 HDX 700. Pushed a pile of snow and when I backed up I heard a loud scraping / screeching noise from underneath the box in the transmission / clutch area. What would be the most likely problem. I stopped and it won't go into gear after shut down. When I tried to restart it made the same loud noise. I'd really value some advice. I can't even move it to load it on a trailer. Thank you.
One Way bearing, more trouble than it is worth. Not needed except as a paper weight!

·
Administrator
7,331 Posts
Thanks for the help guys!
Not to bab of a job to remove. Start by moving the fuel tank, remove the outer clutch cover (gaskets can be reused if you are careful), remove the belt, and clutches, pull the inner clutch cover (drain the oil first), one way bearing just sits on the wet clutch hub. Reassemble in reverse order. Drink a cold one and swear at will! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts