Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer is selling me a new 14 with a pile of accessories including heater premium cab extra front and. Back LEDs a plow and other upgrades. He is offering a great price. Would u guys get the 14 or buy the 15 and just add in as you go. Btw -- I would eventually add on all of the upgrades in the 14.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I think the body work, ECU, and reduction in engine noise were the major changes for 15. Looks like about 7,000.00 dollars in accessories. If the warranty is still on it, I'd go with the 14. Just my thoughts! Either way a 700 is a great machine.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I would go with the 2015 model,it has a reflashed ECU And the claim it to be Quieter.2006 through 2014 has never changed,except the cage,and a few small items,and the insrtument panel is way nicer on the 2015 models.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I cruise mine at 45! Top end is over 60. But this is somewhat misleading! I have heavy rollers in my clutch! With the clutch set for trail use, I'd be limited to 45-50mph!

·
Registered
518 Posts
My stock 700 HDX will hit mid 50's. I have a full windshield and that seems to affect your speed quite a bit, especially if you are driving into a head wind. A good cruising speed is around 45, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of your information. I have decided to get the 2014 -- it is a really good deal actually. I love the 2015 but I will be very happy with the 2014! It is the cool dark green too, so with all the black it looks pretty sweet!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks for all of your information. I have decided to get the 2014 -- it is a really good deal actually. I love the 2015 but I will be very happy with the 2014! It is the cool dark green too, so with all the black it looks pretty sweet!!!
Congrats! That's the move I would have made. Those accessories add up quickly. Post some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Congrats! That's the move I would have made. Those accessories add up quickly. Post some pics when you get a chance.

X2 .. congrat's ... now go ride that toy and enjoy it fully !!!!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Either way, I think you would have been happy! Still thinking about a new trail, but the Prowler will stay for life! What I really want is a Sprint Car! 410 on alky, get chills just thinking about it! LOL

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
you want to get back to the 24 hours x 7 days to keep one running not to mention the cost of parts and Oh yea how about the hours on the road getting from one track to another ... NOT ENOUGH hours in the day or $$ in the kitty to get back into Sprinters or another form of racing , even low $$ racing if a mixture of $$ / time / and travel oh that is time LOL

loved it and still love to watch but it's a young mans sport .. you've just forgot the hours it took to run a horse LOL

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
You mean there is constant upkeep? Young mans game for sure! Good way to go broke! LOL

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
LOL I was hoping to get reviews on the 2015 model........:)

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Still have not seen any on the trails! Lakeside has a couple of 1000XT's that are sharp looking!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts