Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im planning an extended trip this summer, wondering if anyone has an idea on approximate MPG a 500 prowler gets in mixed(hard pack and rocky hills) riding?

·
Registered
168 Posts
So many variables on a UTV.

I have ran my xtz about 100 miles of trail on a tank with some playing around. The math on that is 12-13mpg. You should do better, a lot better.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
yes it's a 1000 CC [like all of the 1000's a few less rounded up]

on long outings if your camping and such your load will reduce you fuel milage as well as the speed average you travel, when empty I see 120 usually miles a tank filled full to top of neck. on long cross country runs on mixed terrane pulling a trailer more in the 85-90 range per tank and in real tuff terrane steep rocky heavy rutted more like 75 miles again with trailer in tow.
with a group and splitting up the loads so every one is about the same it helps overall milage. as well as those with heavier springs get a bit more load.

the singles in the group usually get a slight bit better 10-20 miles better . some 30

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
My carbed 650 gets between 10 and 15, depending on what I'm doing with it. When on the trails and the gauge hits the 3rd bar from the bottom, I get nervous and start looking for a gas station or pop in my 5 gallon jug I carry if out in the boonies. Ain't ran out yet, don't want to test or trust the gauge.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Pretty much the same on the 700. 10-15mpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts