Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having some issues with mounting my new winch on my ac, the fair lead is the problem, i found a spacer kit does anyone know anything about the new style winch mount.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome to the site! Not much new machine experience but willing to learn! What is the nature of your issue? Fairhead not lining up, or sitting to far back? I have an older machine, but have spaced mine out for plow duty. Did you get the AC winch kit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the fair lead it is not centered with the hole on plate, my cable will rub plate if I mount fair lead right up to plate with the winch bolts. I found a spacer that will center my fair lead I wish I had a pic of it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a supwrwinch lt4000 I did buy a badlands 5000 and it fit but it was pretty big, it had 6inch holes and fairlead mounted to two of the four holes but like i said fairlead was not centered

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to update anyone who may be searching this exact situation, I bought a spacer kit off country cat they make two styles I think both styles will work. But the ones I bought were for my 15 prowler 700xt the super-winch lt4000 went in like a dream the spacers centered the fair lead now its good to go. I hid my contactor for the winch under the center console with the cup holders. It worked out nice hides wires very well, waiting for rocker switch for better factory looking install. Im also installing stereo in it using two 6.5 inch speakers and two 4 inch in the front using 6 inch pvc cap and 4 inch pvc cap for speaker enclosures, its working out pretty sweet.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Sounds like a sweet machine! Need some pictures once you have enough posts! I think the site requires 10 or 15 posts.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having the same trouble with mine. I have an 2017 A/C 700 HDX Crew and the fairlead will not line up. I can get the winch mounted and no one at the dealer seems to have an idea of how to fix it. I'm hoping not to but I may have to drill the plate. I bought a Warn Vantage 4000. I was told there is no need for a mounting plate, it boots right up. That is proving to be incorrect. Any ideas would be great. I'm fairly mechanical but Havent done much fabrication to speak of.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I've yet to see the newer Prowlers up close! Try to look at a dealer and they are all over you! LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Its been a long time for me to post this but there is an easy way to install a winch on the 2015-2017 prowler. I bought a super winch lt4000 it bolted right into the cats factory drilled holes. The only issue is the fair lead. I went to countrycat.com and bought a fairlead spacer kit worked out great the part number is 2436-179. It will center the fairlead.Im sorry for late post I know how hard it is to do things without a little advice.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Great info for all! Never too late for project info! Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Only use a hawse if you are using synthetic rope/cable. The steel cable will dig grooves into it right away. My roller fairlead broke so I stuck my hawse on just as a quick "get me by" until I got a new roller. Plowed snow for about an hour and it damn near destroyed the hawse and 16" of cable. But, I got my drive done. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts