Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

I have looked everywhere and am having a hard time finding decent instructions on how to change the coolant on my Prowler. Specifically, where to drain from, what coolant to replace with, etc. -30C would be the coolest it gets here and probably no warmer than 30C. I see many people have asked for pictures of the process but no one has provided any. Is there anyone that can clearly describe the best place to drain coolant from the system and which coolant would be recommended to replace? I have looked at the 2015 service manual but it barely describes the process and has absolutely no pictures.

Thanks

·
Administrator
7,373 Posts
Download a free service manual from Country Cat. There is a drain plug on the bottom of the water pump that will allow draining, or take the lower hose off of the pump (much faster!). Any anti-freeze that is compatable with aluminum is fine, I run straight in mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Download a free service manual from Country Cat. There is a drain plug on the bottom of the water pump that will allow draining, or take the lower hose off of the pump (much faster!). Any anti-freeze that is compatable with aluminum is fine, I run straight in mine.
I did end up figuring it out and it fixed my overheating problem. I took pictures of the process so I will probably post the process for those trying to complete it in the future. I went with 50/50 as it covers me from -30°C to over 30°C.

·
Administrator
7,373 Posts
I did end up figuring it out and it fixed my overheating problem. I took pictures of the process so I will probably post the process for those trying to complete it in the future. I went with 50/50 as it covers me from -30°C to over 30°C.
Great, thanks for posting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts