Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone has one or bought a new 2015 Prowler,I would love to hear some feed back on the new prowler.......so far its been a secret,my 2 local A/C dealers has not received any yet,but I have a dealer thats 2 hours away that has a XT 1000,and I noticed some dealers in different states has some also.....I talked to a guy yesterday that owns a dealership out west somewhere,and he said it's Quieter than the 2014 model by 8db,the Ecu has been re-mapped and it gets 25% better fuel economy.......I'm on several ATV and UTV Face Book sites and not a word has been mentioned about the new Prowler........I think A/C needs to advertise more on sport utility side than they do.......all they talk about is there sport models.............

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Yet to see one, everyone around here has either the wildcat, or the trail!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Haven't seen any in this area either.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I don't even want to look at one, because you guys will talk me into buyin it! :D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I don't even want to look at one, because you guys will talk me into buyin it! :D
When you do take a cruise down to Missouri so I can check it out.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
I guess it is time to run over to Babbitts to see if they have one yet! I have not even seen a 2015 HDX!

·
Registered
561 Posts
the 2016 arctic cat sleds just came out. they now put the 700 motor out of the Wild cat trail in a sled. Looks like there getting away from Suzuki motors and opting for Yamaha and Kymco motors and there own. Maybe writing on the wall for what they use in there ATV's. Will see what they come up with.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
That is interesting! Who makes the Turbo motor on the sleds?

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
haven't seen one in my area either:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just wish my local dealer would get one so I could go look at it......:)

·
Registered
282 Posts
the 2016 arctic cat sleds just came out. they now put the 700 motor out of the Wild cat trail in a sled. Looks like there getting away from Suzuki motors and opting for Yamaha and Kymco motors and there own. Maybe writing on the wall for what they use in there ATV's. Will see what they come up with.
thanks for the heads up. 3"inch paddle from the factory...Yeehaaw

That 700 motor is 135hp...would be a wild ride in the wildcat if that was the case.

4-stroke motors come from Yamaha and any of the c-tec 2 strokes are made in house.

I think 2013ish was the last yr for the Suzuki's

·
Registered
109 Posts
thanks for the heads up. 3"inch paddle from the factory...Yeehaaw

That 700 motor is 135hp...would be a wild ride in the wildcat if that was the case.

4-stroke motors come from Yamaha and any of the c-tec 2 strokes are made in house.

I think 2013ish was the last yr for the Suzuki's
That 700 motor is 65 hp.
I believe the 1056cc turbo charged twin cyl motor is still a suzuki.

·
Registered
282 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgbJbwelNso

Decent video of the sled engines

I think my first 500cc cat in 98 was 90hp. all the motors where Suzuki, really good motors. I weighed about 110 lbs wet back then, was perfect for me when is 16.

·
Registered
34 Posts
2015 prowler xt

A dealer outside of Pueblo has two, one orange and one black. Both look good but the graphics pop out better in the orange. I am 6'6" tall and weigh 280. This model fits me better than any that i have sat in. My knowledge on utv's is limited but i like this one. To give you more room the should bar is bolted on and can be removed. I am thinking that the seat can be moved back an inch or so by drilling 4 new holes.

My county is expected to legalize ohvs on county roads. The second the commissioners sign on the dotted line I will buy this one to use as my go to town vehicle.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
finally got it

I picked up my AC Prowler XT this week and have already done 90 miles. All it took to give me another inch of leg room was to drill 4 new holes in the seat bracket and move the seat back. Is it enough no but its the best i can do.

I really need a windshield but AC or Kolpin doesnt make the 2 piece tilt out yet, which is what i want.

My big a-- feet keep slipping off of the accelerator. Is there a larger accelerator?

It is really eye catching. I would post a picture but the weather hear sucks right now. I will be driving it in a parade saturday so perhaps i will take some then.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
glad you got it , now drive it like ya stole it :)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
My big a-- feet keep slipping off of the accelerator. Is there a larger accelerator?
I've had the same problem, I guess it's time to do something about it.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Michigan allowed UTV's to be licensed for the street. I had my titled as a homebuilt. We now use ours in town!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts