Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard a screeching sound coming from my belt area, wouldn't move gave it a bit of gas sounded like something let go then she started moving again anyone elese have this happen to them ?

·
Registered
812 Posts
My guess would be your 1 way bearing is starting to come apart and is binding up.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Oneway failure is common. You can remove it and throw it away!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just toss it in the trash and run it like RD says

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Low oil could damage the one way bearing. The only thing I experienced with it removed was reduced engine braking under 10mph. I would never put one back in.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Job is really not that bad. On the HDX you have to move the fuel tank in order to remove the clutch cover. Primary clutch, and secondary clutch need to be removed. , Drain the oil, as the inner cover comes off next. Once that is off, the one way bearing can be removed from the wet clutch hub. It just rides on the hub. The only real challenge is getting the Primary Nut off, it is torqued to 170 ft. lbs. and lock tited on. I use a air impact when I do this. Download a free service manual at Country Cat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank u! Every bit of info helps!!(y) Now she seems 2 be sluggish when accelerated? Like isnt engaging completely and rpms are high but shes not moving that fast!? My Cat Mech. Told me that it sounds like the drive belt might be failing how can I rule this out? I was thinking of checking it myself but am still new 2 these side by vm sides so maybe taking it in is the best choice!? I just dont know? Thanks man. B

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Check your clutch air out for fine black powder or sluggish oil deposits, belts are good for 2,500 - 6,000 miles. From what you describe I'd suspect oil in the clutch/belt area. Only way to really confirm is by looking at it. So move the fuel tank, and then pull the outer clutch cover. Gaskets can be re-used if you are careful, let me know what you find!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts