Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this in June, pretty much for the kids to drive since they won't ride a 4 wheeler any more ever since I got a RZR last year! so I figured why not get them a little easy to drive sxs and I ran into the Prowler 500 right before our vacation to Colorado for a week of trail riding.

very impressive machine, did everything my RZR did but obviously didn't ride as nice. Other than that, it kept up just fine. It was handy too for collecting firewood!

One thing I noticed that was pretty cool is that upper shock mounting bolts have an optional hole farther out in the frame which allows for almost a 2" lift just by relocating them.
Picture below.

Added some LED headlight bulbs while I was at it too since more light never hurts.

Just ordered some new wheels and 26" tires to give a little better clearance and traction in the mud too. I"ll get pics of those once I get them mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just bought this in June, pretty much for the kids to drive since they won't ride a 4 wheeler any more ever since I got a RZR last year! so I figured why not get them a little easy to drive sxs and I ran into the Prowler 500 right before our vacation to Colorado for a week of trail riding.

very impressive machine, did everything my RZR did but obviously didn't ride as nice. Other than that, it kept up just fine. It was handy too for collecting firewood!

One thing I noticed that was pretty cool is that upper shock mounting bolts have an optional hole farther out in the frame which allows for almost a 2" lift just by relocating them.
Picture below.

Added some LED headlight bulbs while I was at it too since more light never hurts.

Just ordered some new wheels and 26" tires to give a little better clearance and traction in the mud too. I"ll get pics of those once I get them mounted.
Nice ride, and nice riding area! I just got a prowler as well, but the HDX. Wonder if I can lift mine too.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Seems typical of tires! They do look good!

·
Registered
254 Posts
yep. tires always seem to run smaller.
my stock tires were 26's and they measured more like 25.
i bought 27's and they measure about 26. if i jacked the tire PSI up some it probably would be more but i like the ride better at 12 to 14 PSI. i was thinking of getting the 2" lift and setting my shocks softer giving me the height and the plush ride.

that 500 looks really good with those rims and tires

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep. tires always seem to run smaller.
my stock tires were 26's and they measured more like 25.
i bought 27's and they measure about 26. if i jacked the tire PSI up some it probably would be more but i like the ride better at 12 to 14 PSI. i was thinking of getting the 2" lift and setting my shocks softer giving me the height and the plush ride.

that 500 looks really good with those rims and tires
My stockers were actually 25 on the machine at trail pressure. YOu're right though, you never know which ones are going to be accurate. Wish I had adjustables on this Prowler, it rides pretty rough!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts