Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

You won’t hear their engines roar, but the electric-powered Polaris Ranger EV and Textron Prowler EVis are great options for those who don’t want to be heard.

We’ll be the first to say that when it comes to UTVs, we tend to think of gas-powered, big horsepower brutes that can either do heavy chores, or haul the bacon at insane speeds. What we often forget about are the alternative options we have. Hybrid and electric cars are growing in popularity in recent years, but electric-powered UTVs have been around for many years as well. Textron has the Prowler EVis and Polaris has had a battery-powered Ranger EV in the lineup for some time. Let’s take a look by the numbers.

Head to Head stats here: 2018 Polaris Ranger EV vs. Textron Prowler EVis: By the Numbers - ATV.com

·
Registered
173 Posts
One is a UTV with an electric motor the other is a golf cart with 4wd. The Polaris cost less too.

I own 4 cats and no Polaris but if I were in the market it would be the Ranger

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Yup, my thoughts.... exactly! That's one ugly ride!!! If you bagged a trophy with it, where the hell would you put it to get it home? On top of the roll cage?

·
Administrator
7,299 Posts
You need to see it up close and personal to really appreciate it! LOL I viewed one at Country Cat, and it is indeed ugly! Seems a shame that it would even qualify as a UTV! Just my thoughts!

·
Administrator
7,299 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts