Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 42 in, 240W LED light bar for my toy. Don't freak out, I stole it for $79 not a $1,000.

Now its got me to thinking that the stock battery isn't going to work. Who else has one and will the battery handle the load or does the stator not put off enough to keep the light and the system running. Stranded and me aren't exactly on speaking terms.

Has me thinking I need to do a reconfigure on the battery tray and put a real battery in it.

Side note: I have the battery connected to a trickle charge when not in use.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
You should not have any problems at all with your stock battery, I have all kinds of accessories on mine with no problems, let's use very little power at all

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I ordered a 42 in, 240W LED light bar for my toy. Don't freak out, I stole it for $79 not a $1,000.

Now its got me to thinking that the stock battery isn't going to work. Who else has one and will the battery handle the load or does the stator not put off enough to keep the light and the system running. Stranded and me aren't exactly on speaking terms.

Has me thinking I need to do a reconfigure on the battery tray and put a real battery in it.

Like Brian said your new light will be fine led lights don't draw hardly anything..............you will love how bright it will be.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts

Where did you get the light bar for that price??

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
That is over twice the watts that the stock Hi & low beam lights draw. 27watts per bulb on the stack lights. But others have used them with no issues!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
when they say watts on leds ,im pretty sure it means equilivent to,,,,,,,,they draw a lot less than your regular bulbs,,,i have 5 36 watt led lights on my lightbar and running them doesent even make my volt guage move at all.........:D

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Thanks for explaining the LEDS, helps me to understand how you get away with all of your lights. I will need to pick your brain next month!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
you cant pick it a lot,,,,,,i don't have much left,,,,,,,,,,lol:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where did you get the light bar for that price??
Thanks for all the replies. Feeling better about it.

EBAY:

Type this in the search if you want the size I got.

240W led light bar

There are few ads that appear to look very similar. they are all different User IDs and all are coming our of LA. Seem to have a few ending a day. Caught one ending just right and snagged it.

I tried to attach a link to one i just found ending in 5 hours for around $50 right now but I don't have the mimimum required post yet to do that.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I look at ebay a lot! Great buys most of the time!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. Feeling better about it.

EBAY:

Type this in the search if you want the size I got.

240W led light bar

There are few ads that appear to look very similar. they are all different User IDs and all are coming our of LA. Seem to have a few ending a day. Caught one ending just right and snagged it.

I tried to attach a link to one i just found ending in 5 hours for around $50 right now but I don't have the mimimum required post yet to do that.
That's a great deal, keep posting so we can see some pics of it installed.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Found the light bar! Really good prices from what I saw! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a great deal, keep posting so we can see some pics of it installed.
Will do. Supposed to be here Monday. Barring any disasters at work hopefully I can get it on next week and upload some pics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got it in yesterday. Boxed up very nicely.

I noticed the power wire looks like a 12 guage. Makes me nervous on my original thoughts again. Doing math to get to amps: 240 watts / 12 volts = 20 amps. have no idea what the headlights draw is on the system to have as a reference.

As far as mounting it looks like the bolt holes for the bracket is roughly 44 inches wide. I have a half windsheild with those square brackets around the frame. I took the top ones off last night and slid them up to just under the roof line. I think that is going to be perfect fit. Not sure it can hold 40 pound light.

Any one have another idea or input.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Headlights draw 54watts lowbeam, and another 54 for highbeam. The total 700 system is 28amps. You should be fine as long as you don't run both sets, or any additional loads.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
good info RD ..some of us don't have a clue when it comes to keeping the smoke in the wires [me] .. LOL

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
My problem is thinking like these machines should be wired like you would a house, 12 volt systems are a whole other animal! Just need to remember Ohm's Law! Always look for smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
My problem is thinking like these machines should be wired like you would a house, 12 volt systems are a whole other animal! Just need to remember Ohm's Law! Always look for smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats why I like my volt gauge,it will tell you when your overloading.:)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts