Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so in the future will be getting new tires for the XTZ. I will be using 2" spacers although I dont have those yet.

Just bought new tires for my wifes car and my truck, so this will be in a couple months but. I want a tire that is good for all around use. I do a little mud but moslty trail riding. I occasionally ride on pavement to the corner store (live out in country) so I want a radial tire, all terrain. Was thinking BigHorn 2.0 but they dont have 27 or 28" sizes. I want a little taller tire without having to lift. I also dont want something real overly heavy.

Anyways any opinions on 27 or 28" tires to get and furthermore does anyone have any pics with this size AND wheel spacers? Thanks

·
Registered
618 Posts
No wheel spacers but do have 27" Grim Reapers. Highly recommend them they are 8 ply radial and have been holding up great on all types of terrain, blacktop included.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yes, they don't look massive but it's only an inch bigger than stock. 28's would be meatier for sure.

If a guy could run 12 inch rims 26's would look beefy though.:)

·
Registered
656 Posts
OK so in the future will be getting new tires for the XTZ. I will be using 2" spacers although I dont have those yet.

Just bought new tires for my wifes car and my truck, so this will be in a couple months but. I want a tire that is good for all around use. I do a little mud but moslty trail riding. I occasionally ride on pavement to the corner store (live out in country) so I want a radial tire, all terrain. Was thinking BigHorn 2.0 but they dont have 27 or 28" sizes. I want a little taller tire without having to lift. I also dont want something real overly heavy.

Anyways any opinions on 27 or 28" tires to get and furthermore does anyone have any pics with this size AND wheel spacers? Thanks
I've got 28" swamplites and love them. Not too heavy at all. Very good in mud, rocks, trails etc. Very smooth on hard pack as well. Very good all around tire in my opinion. I've also got 2" spacers on mine as well. I'll take a picture of my ride today and try to figure out how to put it on here. Looks mean with the spacers. One of my favorite upgrades.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've got 28" swamplites and love them. Not too heavy at all. Very good in mud, rocks, trails etc. Very smooth on hard pack as well. Very good all around tire in my opinion. I've also got 2" spacers on mine as well. I'll take a picture of my ride today and try to figure out how to put it on here. Looks mean with the spacers. One of my favorite upgrades.
Yes we are looking forward to your pics and new uploading skillz LOL

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have terracross and they are good everywere but mud. Go with bighorns or 2.0 I got passed on a muddy hill by a 450 rhino with them. Mine just loaded up and wouldnt clean out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 28" Swamp Lites and absolutely Love them. Tread is around 1 3/4 inches deep on the 28's and not as deep on the 27's.

·
Registered
618 Posts
They handle nice but are going to wear out fast

1 - 12 of 12 Posts