Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it only available on the hdx? What did they do with the air box and intake and is it adaptable to the old 650??
I think I found the airbox:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, it reminds me of the Ranger, too. What I don't understand is no tie down points on the bed, and why require lifting the bed to inflate the shocks?. What are you supposed to do, dump your load to adjust the rear suspension?. Why not use the side storage box for the inflation point, with a built in air compressor, attachments, and gauge?.

How hard can that be?.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone who has info on this, I'd be interested too. I'd rather retrofit the air box for a 3rd seat instead of springing $1,000+ for the roll cage and back seat to end up with a really dusty kid.

·
Registered
421 Posts
here's a walk around vid of the hdx, i think the seat doesn't move, and the air box is under the bed. I am curious if it has the heavy duty axles from the 1000, since it is marketed as the heavy duty model prowler. Anybody know?.

I-79 Honda Mazda Mount Morris Pennsylvania 15349
they made room for the seat by lengthening the wheel base and moving the engine back some.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ok there is a lot of changes to this other than just a legnthed chasiss. To answer some comments made previously, the bed does have tie down points molded into the top of the bed sides all the way around and the bed does not have to be dumped to add air to the rear shocks. The Air box is under the dump box, the shifting unit has been moved up to the dash and the engine has been rotated 180 degrees(not really moved back much) for the bench seat. Also there is no longer a parking brake, but instead there is a park gear. Hope that helped answer some questions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts