Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my tracks on today and am trying to avoid some of the problems I had last year. One problem was the 4wd actuator got water in it and quit. This may have been condensation or just seeped in from melting snow around it. Anyway I have the old actuator gutted out and am going to lock the piston in the 4wd position. Is the pin on the front axle pushed into the case to engage the front wheels? Any other ideas?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yes there are O-rings, but he probably just got water into the actuator cover and ruined the board? Mine quit once and I took it apart and cleaned up the connections then hit it hard with dialectric grease. Made sure the gasket was in good shape and all has been good since.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeah those actuators are really a cheesy flimsy setup. I would prefer a cable operated setup for the 4wd myself. Dialectric grease and silicone are for sure needed once you get into one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since I have an old actuator I will lock the piston into position to hold it into 4wd and grease the o rings where it slides into the diff. With the tracks on 4wd is a must full time so I wont need to take it out of 4wd until late april. This will save on the flimsy little motor as it will not have to run in such extreme conditions Thanks Guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts