Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really have no need for 2wd around here. Not to say I need 4wd all the time but it is certainly more useful than not. If I ride at over 30 mph the machine feels unstable around sharp bends in 2wd whereas in 4wd it tracks good with controllable drift.
When do you use 2wd?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I really have no need for 2wd around here. Not to say I need 4wd all the time but it is certainly more useful than not. If I ride at over 30 mph the machine feels unstable around sharp bends in 2wd whereas in 4wd it tracks good with controllable drift.
When do you use 2wd?
I use 2WD ALL the time in the desert. 4X4 was only really needed once to get back over a small "drop-off I should not have gone over in the first place. For me the 4x4 is almost pointless. Try adjusting your shock settings and tire pressure. I will say that the XTZ stock Maxxis 4-Speed tires are "loose" on anything but solid hardpack.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your statement and it may be just the roads I run (hardpack with rocks), it was a lot worse with stock goodyears, but even with swapping to bighorns I still feel uncomfortable drifting in 2wd. I have never adjusted the stock xtx shocks.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have 26X9X14 Big Horns all around and love them. I run in two wheel most of the time. It depends on the type of ground I am riding on. Air pressure and shock adjustment makes a big difference to the ride and feel to. Everyone has a different style.
Hey that is the same set-up I want to run eventually (the 26x9x14 Big Horns all the way around). Do you have any pics of your 'cat with those installed? Also, are you running front wheels all around?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The XTX has always been a plush (and top heavy) ride. I would love to lower the seats but thats not in the cards right now. So I'm going to jack the shocks up two clicks and increase tire pressure to 12lbs all around.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts