Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

4x4 Actuator problem and few other questions

20K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  de3 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is what is happening when i start my prowler the actuator automatically starts whining no matter if in 2wd or 4wd. 4x4 is not working of course. So for the time being i just unplugged.

Also i seen the back left tiring was leaning so i jacked it up and i could wiggle the whole tire/rim there is slack at the bottom end toward the rim. Is this the wheel hub bearing that needs to be replaced?

I'm am new to prowlers i have always owned sport quads and wanted a change. So anyput would be greatly appreciated. Also can not get the nut off of the front to change out 2 studs that broke off when installing new tires is not reverse thread is it?

Thanks,

#2 ·
you've come to the right place. Hang in there. Someone will be able to give you some good info. These guys know there stuff.

#4 ·
Did you pull the cotter pin out? If you did then it just takes some muscle. Lefty loosey righty tighty. My actuator did the same thing. I took the dash switch out, cleaned with contact cleaner and used dialectric grease at the bottom and top plug from switch and actuator. Has worked fine since.

#8 ·
My actuator would cycle itself in an out of 4wd nonstop sometimes, sometimes it wouldn't work at all. Oh I also oulled the actuator cover and cleaned/greased the contacts inside at the same time, not sure where the problem was but fixed it. If your wheel bearing is that bad it will be obvious once you take a close look. I've never had one so bad the wheel leaned in before.

#10 ·
I had same problem, actuator went bad ,When you engage your 4wheel drive tap on actuator with rubber malt if it stops and starts when taping on actuator, then replace actuator, There's a little motor in actuator, I think it just gets worn out after awhile. Easy to take out and replace, Haven't had problem with the 4wheel drive switch on dash.Wouldn't hurt to clean out switch and ad dielectric grease to switch.

#11 ·
ok disassembled actuator and the pin stayed inside of front drive to the top of the actuator off and there was plastic chewed up inside from the plastic shaft and when i manually spin the motor the plastic arm does not move left to right. so guessing i need a new acutator.

#18 ·
Welcome to the house

#17 ·
Welcome to the site ccdesign! Best place for info, great people. I have the same part number on mine, so I'll have to check it out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.