Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: My 07 650 prowler when in forward will not engage in 4 wheel drive , when put into reverse , you can hear the servo noise and the 4 wheel drive works , any suggestions to look at :mad:

tks Raz

·
Registered
404 Posts
Does your 4x4 diff lock work in forward.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, nothing works in forward, when in rev its fine and I just start to move the gear selector it goes out of 4x4 :mad:

·
Registered
404 Posts
If you can hear it engage into 4wd in reverse. Any you say the light goes out when you begin to take it out of reverse. Does the solenoid actually disengage 4wd or does the light just go out.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
If you can hear it engage into 4wd in reverse. Any you say the light goes out when you begin to take it out of reverse. Does the solenoid actually disengage 4wd or does the light just go out.
Brian and I was talking ,it has to be a loose connection,if the actuator work's in reverse it has to work in foward there is nothing in the front diff that would dis-engage the actuator when put in forward gear

·
Registered
404 Posts
Brian and I was talking ,it has to be a loose connection,if the actuator work's in reverse it has to work in foward there is nothing in the front diff that would dis-engage the actuator when put in forward gear
Yeah I've been sitting here pondering myself. It has to be a loose wire. Sounds like the shift linkage is bumping the wire and causing it to loose connection.

I as also wondering if the relay would reset when the unit is shifted into neutral, but I wouldn't think that shifting in General would have anything to do with 4wd.

·
Registered
404 Posts
We had another member of the forum have trouble with his 4wd not working properly. His only worked when the relay was removed from the buggy.

Try taking the relay out and see if the 4wd works.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yeah I've been sitting here pondering myself. It has to be a loose wire. Sounds like the shift linkage is bumping the wire and causing it to loose connection.

I as also wondering if the relay would reset when the unit is shifted into neutral, but I wouldn't think that shifting in General would have anything to do with 4wd.
True,shifting shouldn't have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you can hear it engage . disengage from rev to forward ,checked wire conn into front end , nothing loose ,also on side of engine around the shift linkage , where is this relay located ths Razher

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
you can hear it engage . disengage from rev to forward ,checked wire conn into front end , nothing loose ,also on side of engine around the shift linkage , where is this relay located ths Razher
It is located in the fuse box under seat,it's one of the big square ones, it will say 2-wheel drive under it............

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well : Picked up new relay and installed it , Still doing the Same thing:mad: the 4 wd light stays lit on the dash but the servo puts it out of 4 wd every time its shifted out of reverse , removed relay when in 4 wd in rev and when you shift to forward it stays in 4 wd :confused: something to ponder

Razher

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Well : Picked up new relay and installed it , Still doing the Same thing:mad: the 4 wd light stays lit on the dash but the servo puts it out of 4 wd every time its shifted out of reverse , removed relay when in 4 wd in rev and when you shift to forward it stays in 4 wd :confused: something to ponder

Razher
With the relay out it stays in 4-wheel drive in forward gear,can you un-lock it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
This is racking my brain, have you had any other work done on your buggy recently?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I downloaded both a parts manual and a service manual to read while trying to figure this out. As far as I can tell it can only be the fuse/relay, switch or the actuator. If the actuator is functioning and it is. The only other thing it could be is the switch. Because the relay has been replaced as well. Switch part number is 0409-061 and runs 25/30 bucks.

But before replacing the switch trace all wires and make sure there is no possibility to a short in any of the wires.

·
Registered
250 Posts
this may or may not have anything to do with youre problem, but on my 700 xtx i know there was a splash guard on the bottom of the shift linkage that would rub the wires of the reverse overide switch, considering this switch on the prowler is only functional during 4 wheel drive, maybe there is something going on with that... bare wire, shorting out when splash guard is put from reverse where it wouldnt probably touch the switch, to high or low where it would rub it.... just a thought.:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
this may or may not have anything to do with youre problem, but on my 700 xtx i know there was a splash guard on the bottom of the shift linkage that would rub the wires of the reverse overide switch, considering this switch on the prowler is only functional during 4 wheel drive, maybe there is something going on with that... bare wire, shorting out when splash guard is put from reverse where it wouldnt probably touch the switch, to high or low where it would rub it.... just a thought.:confused:
what I dont understand is that his 4-wheel drive works in reverse.........

1 - 20 of 47 Posts