Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to installing my seatbelts/Harness, I drilled 1 inch holes in the roll cage (2009 sq. tube) and used a piece of oak for a drill guide. I used 1" DOM tubing with .180 wall thickness. The harnesses were out of my race car, so I put them to use on the Prowler. I cut the tubing 1 inch longer than the spread between the uprights, the bar slides into the holes I drilled, then I center the bar. This could be a total bolt in using set screw collars, and attaching to the inner uprights. I plan on welding mine in. DSCN2104.JPG

DSCN2105.JPG

DSCN2109.JPG

DSCN2110.JPG

DSCN2123.JPG

DSCN2124.JPG

DSCN2125.JPG

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3:40 am, just put the finish coat of paint on the seatbelt bar, somethings wrong with this picture! You no how it is, once you start a project it eats at ya til its finished! On the plus side its all clean fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
3:40 am, just put the finish coat of paint on the seatbelt bar, somethings wrong with this picture! You no how it is, once you start a project it eats at ya til its finished! On the plus side its all clean fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I you finish it to quick,you will have to start on something else.:)

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I lack is the final paint, worked out great! After finishing it, you could bolt it in using thru bolts on the center uprights. This would keep the bar centered, and the bar will not bend!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
All I lack is the final paint, worked out great! After finishing it, you could bolt it in using thru bolts on the center uprights. This would keep the bar centered, and the bar will not bend!
looks great RD,very nice job.now whats your next project.:D:D

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
only thing you might be "aware" of .... my lady friend/Partner has a problem with the strap width .. but she is a small and slight of build person so might not be an issue for you with size = shoulder space to handle the strap width.

question ... what is the material thickness of the mount tab behind you for the strap mount, [pic show it but can't tell how thick it is] ... not to criticize but pic shows it to be thin and wouldn't want you to be bending it up in a nasty crash , it may well be of sufficient size but can't tell. I'm a very large guy so usually over do material size so have a huge margin of safety :)

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gary, I used .180 wall DOM tubing, the mounting flange is 3/16" Mild Steel, these were the same belts we used in the race car, wife liked em! They do limit movement, but not uncomfortable. Thanks for the comments! Great question RD

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Gary, I used .180 wall DOM tubing, the mounting flange is 3/16" Mild Steel, these were the same belts we used in the race car, wife liked em! They do limit movement, but not uncomfortable. Thanks for the comments! Great question RD
I believe 3/16 is the same size as the belt mount tab so s/b good to go with flange material

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gary, Yeah I used a bolt mount tab and welded it to the bar, Bottom Welded, Top Welded, and plug welded thru the belt slot. The cage will give before the mount! When do you go back home? I'm counting days until we start riding again, they open everything on March 31!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
after school lets out, so early June I hope ... we watch my Grandkids one in preschool other in kindergarden .. grandma and grandpa's taxi service .. Dr's / sick call / can you take 'em calls .. you know the grandparents are close stuff :)

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gary, Understand that one, but its a great life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts