Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys has anyone had any issues with these there the ones under the seat in the fuse box 5 are identical submerged the machine last night drove out fine then would not shut off.So i pulled the main fuse for the night,went out the in the morning cleaned the fuse box with a squirt of WD 40 wipe it clean plugged her back in and a relay smoked so i had to switch another one over and same thing (ignition relay) Could the relay be wet inside?

·
Registered
97 Posts
yes. ive dont that before on my trv. left the cover off by accident, and went over seat deep. did all kinds of strange stuff. replaced them all, a fixed it. i opened a couple and they were all wet and corroded inside.

when you get your new ones, di electric greese around the cover and the bottom of the fuse box where the wires come in. keeps the water out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will pick up some di electric, Ive snorled every thing Just worried about the fuse box cover, Has no type of seal??? Is everthing else waterproof?

·
Registered
97 Posts
not really. its a good idea to di electric greese all connections. not really needed, but recomended. also, the vent for the gas tank needs to be higher. i ran mine through the under hood storage, and drilled a hole in the firewall to put the vent line in. so its behind the dash, and keeps water out of the fuel. my factory vent ran along the frame and was tucked in the frame rail on the right side behind the headlight.

·
Registered
733 Posts
di electric grease is your best friend on these units.. pull all your electrical connections and grease them and grease your spark plug boot as well.. its great stuff for snorkeled bikes, I go over mine every season and re apply when needed. It will save you a lot of headaches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts