Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 prowler with what i think is a bevel gear problem. The guy I bought it from said he was in thick mud shifting from forward to reverse and hammering on it and then "bang" then all the oil drained out of the block. Ive pulled the engine out and wondering if anyone has rebuilt a 650 and also if I should spend the 1000 $ for a new case or have it welded or even jb welded. I am trying to fix it to sell and also make the wife happy with a little extra money in HER pocket.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have a case with a good trans and bottom end.

I am in North Pole AK.

What you want for the prowler?

I could sell the case and trans parts if intrested.....

PM me as I have not heard from the guy from canada yet that needs a bottom end.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a case with a good trans and bottom end.

I am in North Pole AK.

What you want for the prowler?

I could sell the case and trans parts if intrested.....

PM me as I have not heard from the guy from canada yet that needs a bottom end.
I am in Palmer. As for the prowler, I paid 3500 for it. I bought it to swap over the walker evans shocks, gorilla axles, tires cdi box and to have a plow. my intentions were to replace the bevel gear and either use it to plow or re-sell and try to make some money. Depending on what i can get out of it the way it sits vs. after it is rebuilt. What do you want for the case? I can also send you some pictures if interested. The plastics are beat up, but i have priced them out and they are about 425$ for what it needs. hood and fenders

·
Registered
271 Posts
chances are it is not the bevel gear. bevels are too far away from teh case. i have never seen a case bust from a bevel gear failure. not saying it couldn't happen, but a broke thru-shaft sounds more like the cluprit. either way, the case wont like welding. it is IMPOSSIBLE to tig weld one of the cat cases up. WAY too pourous and oily. you wont ever get it to tig and melt in. it will bubble up and you will have a horrible looking blob that leaks like crazy. dont even waste your time trying to weld the hole up.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I delete the message, we have taken care of the spam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts