Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here so if this is the wrong spot let me know. This may have been asked a bunch but ithe searched and didn't find anything. I'm looking at getting a prowler and have found a 07 650 h1. I've not went and looked at it yet but its supposed to be nice and low miles. I know it does not have an odometer or hour meter so no way to know miles for sure. It has aluminum wheels and a soft enclosure. What would be a good price? What's the difference in it and a xt model? Is there anything I need to look for? Any reason to stay away from it? Don't know much about prowlers so any input would be great.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The Prowlers are the same except for being dressed up. The base model has no speedo, no front bumper and steel wheels.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
68 Posts
cash is king - not a lotta folks have it so there are good buys to be had. If you have a chance to have the engine checked I bought one that had a cracked air box and dusting into the engine ruined the motor - which got expensive to fix.

but if yours is REAL low miles - may not need such close exam of condition - should it start and run well, especially when cold.

Good luck!

GiG

·
Registered
193 Posts
i was in the same boat, one difference they left out was that it does not have a locking front diff. i purchased a used 650 h1 07 model myself and love it i have done tons of upgrades to it and general maintanance. it runs great......knock on wood, one thing i would look for is some paint chipped on the welds take a flashlight and look at some of the front end components, the bracket that hold on the steering rack was cracked on mine, i bought it anyhow because it drove straight. i since have welded it up and plated it. but put it in 4 wheel drive and make sure all the lights and 12v outlets work. check the air filter and all kinds of stuff like they said.. i have no idea how many hours or miles are on mine but i use it alot and it runs great so i dont really care. make sure you change all the fluids when you get it diffs and engine oil, also look at the radiator fluid make sure its clean, my had a lot of aftermarket parts on it when i bought it and i paid 7600.00 for it love the prowler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts